What's new

Video over phone line (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Motorola 6412 from Comcast as my PVR located in the living room. I want to be able to watch the recorded content (SD is fine) in the bedroom without running wires. I have looked into some of the 2.4GHz AV transmitter/receiver but the one I bought, a cheapo, didn't work for crap. I have been toying with the idea of the Leapfrog WaveMaster. Does anyone have experience with the this? Another product I found takes a coaxial input and puts on your existing phone line and the other end does the opposite. THe model number is CES11068 - Magic Link TV-TLA Video Link. I like this solution because I already have 2.4GHz flying around the house. Does anyone have experience with this product?

Thanks,

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Have you got a TV antenna feed/cable drop in your bedroom? If so, a clever use of switches could allow you to cut it loose from the antenna/system [important!] and feed the output of the PVR into it instead.
That's what I'd do. :crazy:

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I do have a drop in the bedroom. Ideally, I would like to do that way but the issue is the place I call home. It is a condo. I have no access to an attic or under the floor.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
It depends on how your wiring runs; you might be able to do it without actually having access to the runs themselves. Basically what you want to do is find the splitter where the tapoff for your living room is separated from the tapoff for your bedroom. Depending how it's set up, you may be able to disconnect that from the MATV system, and then send video up what's normally your living-room leadin and down what's normally your bedroom leadin, to your bedroom TV.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the responses.

That may work if I had access to the splitter. I have no idea where it is located due to the condo issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks