What's new

Video Out not working on Sony DVD player (1 Viewer)

Tim Holyoke

Second Unit
I don't know the model #, but it's the Sony DVD player that is circular, about 8" in diameter. I've used Svideo for the last 4 months, but last night decided to put it on the small tv in my bedroom using the yellow video out, and it gave me no picture. Sound worked fine, just a blank screen. I tried 2 different RCA cables as well, so that's not the problem. What might be wrong? Thanks.

John S

Senior HTF Member
You may have to hook it back up svideo, and access the system menu to change it to one of the other outputs.

I have seen this on quite a few different DVD players, including my own.

Tim Holyoke

Second Unit
Thanks for the idea, no luck though. There is no physical damage looking at it, and it worked fine using composite video before I moved in September. Could it have been damaged internally somehow? Doesn't seem likely to me, but I dunno what else it could be. BTW, the TV isn't the problem, my PS2 works on it.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Dirt / dust / corrosion can cause this on the output itself.

Try a nasty solvent very spare'nly Often times the center conductor of the "RCA In/out" jack or plug is the culprit.

I'll bet somehow it is just not make'n connection for whatever reason.

Tim Holyoke

Second Unit
I tried cleaning it up a little, nothing. I never even thought of it before, but a picture in my head reminded me that when I went to plug it in, I got a static shock. Could this have somehow fried it? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks