What's new

Video Games on Panasonic HDTV (1 Viewer)

J92Devils

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew
I recently bought a 42" plasma Panasonic HDTV. I was told by various people that it would ruin the TV if a video game system was hooked up to the TV by the composite input. My first question is: Is it bad to hook up anything to my TV using the composite input, or is it perfectly fine to use the composite input. My second question is: Since the Xbox 360 supports component video output, would I avoid ruining my TV by connecting using the component video input, or would video games ruin my TV regardless? Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Always concerns over burn in ... read the manual. It has something to say about static images.

Regards

Hey buddy,

first off you have a 360 and you don't have it connected in a way that you could enjoy the HD benifits. Get rid of those composite and get componet cables. Second just as the previous post says research what your asking, burn in has been a concern of some time with plasma's but it's not like old RP tv's. Just don't keep the same image on your screen and you'll be Ok. Read your manual though.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Yes, you will be fine as long as you don't have any static image on screen (e.g., a racing game's tach, a shooter's ammo or health gauge, etc.) for too long. To determine how long is "too long", read the tv's manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks