What's new

video games mentioned in movies (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
here are a few that my brother mentioned.

Training Day - When Ethan Hawke goes to Denzel's home, Denzel's son is playing a Dreamcast. Well, you see a DC controller and hear some Atari 2600 sound a like noises, but there's a DC.

Enemy of the State - After Will Smith goes shopping for his wife, he goes home to see his son and his friend playing Jet Moto 3 for the Playstation. And Smith does do the typical dad thing. Blocking the TV screen.

Also, a coding or card or something is in the form of an NEC Turbo Express/Turbo Grafx-16 cartridge. And you do see a Turbo Express.

Big Daddy - After the scene where Sandler meets his adopted son's teacher, you see Julian (son) playing Twisted Metal 3 for the Playstation.

Baby Geniuses - When the baby escapes and heads to the mall, you see him briefly playing Crash Bandicoot for the Playstation. The baby comments that it's too easy.

Terminator 2 - When John Connor and his friend go to the mall, you see many arcade games like NBA Jam and Afterburner.

here is one i saw

friday the 13th part 4 the kid is playing some very old atari video game

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
In Charlie's Angels, you see two kids playing the one-player Final Fantasy 8 when Drew falls into the backyard.

In Mallrats, Jason Lee is playing a Sega hockey game (don't remember the name) in his room in the beginning.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
My favorite video game mention in the movies is from "Ernest Scared Stupid," when Mr. Worrell compares his battle against the trolls to world eight of Super Mario Bros.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Terminator 2 - When John Connor and his friend go to the mall, you see many arcade games like NBA Jam and Afterburner.
T2 Came out in 1991... NBA Jam came out in 1993... I remember that because I own the SNES version which came out a year after. So you must be confusing it with another Basketball game... Wait, the T's are from the future, so that could explain...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
In 'E.T.', the older brother Micheal is wearing a 'Space Invaders' t-shirt in one scene, and he mentions 'Asteroids' in the same scene.

In 'The Goonies', Corey Feldmam mentions 'Pole Position'.

In 'Office Space', Peter is seen playing 'Tetris' on his computer at work.

And in the movie 'The Wizard', their is all sorts of referrances to 'Nintendo', including equipment like the 'Powerglove'.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
In "Swingers" they play some hockey game, I think.
Ryan - angling for a "Most Simultaneous Threads in Polls Forum" award? :D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Jaws had the old coin-op Killer Shark
Tommy This had something to do with Foozeball or something, I can't remember :D

Ash Williams

Second Unit
T2 Came out in 1991... NBA Jam came out in 1993... I remember that because I own the SNES version which came out a year after. So you must be confusing it with another Basketball game... Wait, the T's are from the future, so that could explain...
I bet the game was Arch Rivals. It was popular around that time.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
There were a lot of games in T2 that were already pretty old even when the movie came out- the "THE END" screen is from Missile Command, also noticed a Deluxe Space Invaders game.

Billy Madison is a great film because Adam Sandler tells a kid that he's wrong when he says Mortal Kombat is the best video game ever, he says Donkey Kong is!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks