What's new

Video Essentials for $15.00 at www.dvdtalk.com (1 Viewer)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Yes, the Digital Video Essentials is made by Joe Kane. I was reading this month's "Perfect Vision" magazine, and in one of the articles/reviews, Joe Kane used it to get some results and mentioned it would be out shortly. No wonder they are bailing out on the original, LD-port-over version of VE. Still in love with AVIA, though : ) To each their own!
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Jacob_St

Second Unit
I got mine about a month ago and I'm not very impressed. The menus are hell to navigate and none of the picture controls improved my picture. When I got through, everyones fleshtones were bright pink and the contrast setting was at zero. If I'd paid 50 bucks for this junk I'd be pissed! The only useful thing was the overscan pattern. I'm just going to stick with what I feel is a good picture and ignore this video guidance stuff.

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
Jacob... are you talking about the new Digital Video Essentials or the original Video Essentials DVD. The new one has not been released.
I'm actually quite surprised that it screwed up your setup the way it did. It's the first time I heard of it.

Jacob_St

Second Unit
Hi Donovan,
I'm talking about the Video Essentials for 15.00 from the DVDTALK offer. My guess is that it's the old VE since the new DVD is not out yet. The final picture I got was obviously wrong, but I'm glad other people have had better experiences with it. Since I only paid 15 dollars I'm not that upset, just irritated.

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I emailed DVD TALK and was replied to within the same day, directing me to e-mail the provider of the disc. I e-mailed them and, by the end of the day, I receieved an e-mail saying that my disc was probably lost and that they'll UPS another one to me. I replied with a "Thank You" and that I'll wait patiently given the fact that the shipping industry was shaken up due to the disaster.
Good service!
Elbert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks