Video Essentials calibrations is a real pain!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Bowles, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

I got Video Essentials today to calibrate my SVS CS+ subs and it was a real pain. My onkyo 595 would not let me adjust the calibration levels without playing the internal test tones. Is there a way to do this? I could not figure it out. Each time I would not have enough time to get it adjusted right. I put it in a/b repeat but then the sound pulsed and the needle never had time on the Radio Shack meter to get to the highest position. I think I finally got it but it was a real pain. I would love some suggestions to make this easier.

2. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

Does your remote have a ch. sel button? If it does, then press it when video essentials test tones come on and you should be able to cycle through the channels(and adjust them). If you don't then when the video essential test tones are playing, write down the dB level(on the SPL meter) of each channel. Then while your internal test tone is playing adjust each channel so that it would yield 75dB. For example, if your L. channel with the VE tone is at 72dB, when the internal tone is on, increase the L. channel level by +3. Then repeat for all of the channels. Hope this helps.

3. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

It does help thank you very much for taking the time to post you help.