Video Essentials calibration

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Christopher_Ham, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Christopher_Ham

Christopher_Ham Stunt Coordinator

I have a Lexicon Dc-1 4.0 and wanted to know is it better to calibrate using the internal pink noise or my DVE disc that I recieved for Christmas. It is the newest version. If I do use the DVE I guess I need to set all setting to flatline right? I mean, turn off compression, dialogue enhancement, sub gain, surround gain, everything should be at zero right before I start. And also, should I calibrate on DTS or DD, what will the consequences to the other format if calibration is done on DTS as opposed to DD?

2. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

Yes, set everything to 0, including bass and treble controls. On my receiver the results are identical with both DTS and DD, this is because the test tone is 75 dB, so with a good AVR, the DTS and DD signals will both be 75 DB at REF level (my AVR displays a volume dial normalization message when a DD signal is input, so I guess it compensates for differences in volume between DD and DTS).

3. Christopher_Ham

Christopher_Ham Stunt Coordinator

What I want to know is if I am going to get a better Calibration with DVE than with the Lexi internal pink noise.