Video Component Cable

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Patrick F, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Patrick F

Patrick F Auditioning

I am installing a home theater in a family room that I am renovating. I am placing all of my components into a closet. I was then going to run on Video Component Cable from the closet to the where the new Wide Screen TV will go. The problem is the the cable must run about 25 feet. I am trying to find a good quality cable for that length that will not break my budget.
    I have looked at Monster cable and the only one that is close is the Video Component 3, which is 8 meters which may be a little short.
    Any suggestions on where I can get a longer cable. Or any other suggestions for quality cable manufacturers??

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

you could get the highest-quality cable from like bluejeanscable

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

4. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

Buy 25 foot lengths of RG6 cable from Radio Shack (not RG59). You will need to get f-connector to RCA adaptors for each end. Add some colored tape for blue, red and green to each end and you're in business.

I did this for 40-foot runs with no problem.

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Another possibility is a mini-bnc cable, that basically has 5 cables bundled together in a jacket all terminated with bnc connectors, great for component and hdtv (r,g,b,h &v).