What's new

video capture for DVD (1 Viewer)

Mike Capulli

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony Digital 8 camera but the DVout port is busted. Its my only guess because I have tried numerous different DV capture cards and on 2 different computers and I cant get any response from the camera.

If I purchase an All In Wonder card by ATI, will the captured video be comparable to a straight DV capture? I know its a dumb question, DV is the better way as far as quality but the camera is busted. I am planning on capturing and editing and eventually burning straight to DVD.

Does anybody know of any Digital8 decks/players that I can purchase for the sole purpose of capturing to DV?

I hope you guys can understand the dilema that im in and give me some advice.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You don't want the All-In-Wonder

Get yourself a Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge or Sony Media Converter. That will capture analog video as DV. Canopus also makes one that's a tad more expensive, but comes with the Canopus DV codec which is one of the best in the buisness, far superior to Microsoft's in virtually every respect.

Any of these products will plug into a firewire card.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I have to disagree Jeff, I have owned two ATI All-In-Wonder cards and they are great. It might be more than you need for just video capture.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's his decision, but the All-in-Wonder is a toy in comparison when it comes to capture quality

Mike Capulli

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the All-In-Wonder, and returned it the next day for the Dazzle DV-Bridge. I just couldn't see myself capturing MPEG2 and doing all of those conversions with all the quality loss. The Dazzle performs great, thanks for the tip!!

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I bought the All-In-Wonder, and returned it the next day for the Dazzle DV-Bridge. I just couldn't see myself capturing MPEG2 and doing all of those conversions with all the quality loss. The Dazzle performs great, thanks for the tip!!
I have an AIW. I haven't used the other cards they mentioned, but I think they are probably right about the AIW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks