What's new

Video Cable Question (1 Viewer)

Marc~Q

Auditioning
I am buying cables for my HD Receiver and Projector. Which is better Monster Cable MV2CV-1M Component Video Cable or Monster THX? The former is more expensive, so I assume that is the best. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Other. Radio shack cables, or AR cables are readily available, good quality, and cheap. Monster is usually considered overpriced. If you want really high-quality cables, places like bluejeanscable.com and others that sell custom pro-grade belden/canare cabling are your best bet.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Monster will not release technical information about their cables so there is no way we can tell you what the differenc in performance between the Video 1/2/3/THX/cz300 cables are.

Here is a hint: "Component" video is a 1940's standard for 480 interlace. If the package does not say "HD" or "High Definition", why would you think the cable includes the capacity for Progressive or HD (720/1080) video signals?

Go with a custom cable site for your progressive/HD video cables. They have the specs to show they can handle the higher-frequency needs of HD video.

Best of all - good HD cables start at about $50 which is a lot cheeper than the Monster Video 2 cables. The Radio Shack and AR Pro brands run about $40-$50 and they are NOT rated for HD video.

Go to the Tweeks and Connections fourm and look at the banner ads at the top. These companies live/die by their reputations so they always do a good job for HTF members.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks