What's new

Video: Building A Basement Theater: THANK YOU HTF MEMBERS (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
That is great Ronald. Very inspiring for those that think a do it yourself home theater project would be too daunting(like me) :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronbo,

It looks fantastic! Great job by you and those that helped you complete this project. By the way, what are you going to do with your plasma?

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I felt a little thrill at 1:22, as if I were walking into one of the great movie palaces for a premier. Great use of colored lights to make it welcoming and exciting. The carpet is a huge improvement, looks so nice!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Great setup, Ron! You're just like me: so what if the wires show? Wires are what home theatre is all about!.

Side note: Bridges of Madison County is one on Eastwood's best movies! :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...

THAT was a lot of fun! I wasn't expecting to make it all the way through from start to finish...but I'm a sucker for a happy ending! :biggrin:

Congratulations!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The paint...bat cave.

No. Other. Way.

I like the lights attached directly to the speakers...

Gives me an idea...glow in the dark paint for the speakers I send my niece off to college with. Found her some beat up AAL.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
That's awesome, Ron! :cheers:

Making me wanna reconsider doing likewise sooner rather than later... :biggrin:

_Man_

PS: Yeah, I'm a bit late getting back on here... Been too busy w/ stuff outside of HT... :P

icestone

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven
Nice job Ron. It has been in the back of mind to turn parts of my basement into a theater room but I wasn't ready to start it yet until I saw your video. I figured it will be daunting and overwhelming. What advice would you give someone who wants to embark on something like this. I have a 14 feet by 33 feet enclosed space that I will like to turn into a theater room. Thanks.

ice

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ice,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around.

I am the last person that's qualified to give advice. I had to depend on everyone in this thread to get me through a project I had no clue on how to even accomplish.

I suppose the best advice is to look at your budget and prioritize.

For me, I knew I had to have carpeting in the room to deaden the sound. That was a priority.

I wanted a better projector, so I went with a good screen -- not a spectacular one. So, I prioritized my budget on the projector (Sony HW55ES compared to Epson).

Already had a 7.1 sound system, so I didn't have to spend any money on that.

Seating was also a bit of a priority. Splurged on really nice chairs and I have to tell you, it was worth money.

Best advice is to keep asking questions in this thread. Let us know what you are doing.

Birdog

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I can tell you are excited. The wires hanging out everywhere would drive me crazy. Otherwise...nice job.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It looks good Ron! Although I no longer have a dedicated HT, we are looking at buying a new house in the next couple of years and my wife has promised me I can turn one of the guest rooms into a HT room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks