Video and sound problems with DVP-NC80V

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Steven Tice, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Steven Tice

Steven Tice Auditioning

I'm having a couple of problems with my new Sony DVP-NC80V DVD player. First, the picture quality on my Toshiba 32HF73 television is outstanding so long as nothing moves, but any significant movement results in jagged echoes of the image as it is moving. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing that?

Second, my Sony STR-DE597 receiver often cuts the first half-second of each track on many CDs, often causing a jarring beginning to a song. I was hoping that it would stop doing that once I bought a new DVD player, particularly since the new DVD player is also a Sony, but no such luck. I did not have this problem with my previous DVD player until I added the receiver, so it appears that the DVD player is not at fault. Again, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

SET

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Many receivers have the "signal detect" issue, and it can be very annoying. You can find out right away if it is the receiver that is causing the problem by hooking the player up via analog. If the problem goes away, then it is the issue that it sounds like. It actually is a combination of your gear and has to do with the way the player sends the signal that causes the receiver to have the issue. The real problem is, there isn't a simple fix for this problem.

The video issue sounds like you may need to calibrate your display for the player's settings. It kind of sounds like you may have your brightness turned up too high.

3. Steven Tice

Steven Tice Auditioning

Thanks for the information! I'm going to try exploring the numerous video settings on my TV and DVD player. Hopefully I'll find a solution to the image echo problem. Thanks again!

SET