What's new

"Video 3" label on Sony TVs (1 Viewer)

David_JM

Auditioning
Hi all,

I have a Sony KV-32FS100 (32" Wega). I have a satellite radio receiver connected to Video 3's audio inputs currently (since I haven't gotten a real receiver yet), so that I can just listen to music for now through the TV's speakers. Unfortunately, because there's no video input, the "Video 3" (or "Satellite") label is constantly displayed in the top-left corner. Hitting the remote's Display button, of course, doesn't disable it with no video input.

Is there a way, perhaps through service mode, to turn the label off, but still leave Video 3 enabled, so that I can change into that mode? Alternatively, is there some hack I can do to disable the label? Can you think, perhaps, of a way I could jury-rig a fake input signal, so that I can compel the label to disappear? Maybe a trick using parts from Radio Shack? (I have a Sony DVD player that I can work into this setup if it helps, but no VCR.)

Of course, I'll eventually just get a receiver. :)

Many thanks for any creative thoughts!

David

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
My Mitsubishi lets you rename the inputs, so I just "renamed" them all with spaces so no text shows up.
If it won't let you do that, you could at least plug in a DVD player's video output and let it display a blank screen.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
You could run a video cable from your dvd player's composite video output to the composite input on Video 3 and put the player into a repeat mode with a dvd playing, or pause the player during the blackout between scenes on a movie?

Most Sonys also let you label the inputs and if your's is one then Jesse's solution would work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks