What's new

Victoria's Secret special (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Tuned in in time for the main runway show.
What's with the wings, anyway? And--anyone notice how the size of each model's wings seemed to be in direct proportion to the size of her breasts?
------------------
"For Montagar, forever!"

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Interesting observation about the wings. I didn't notice that - guess I was paying attention to other things :)
I didn't like the digital blurry spots at all.
------------------
I'm a Dapper Dan man!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I watched about 2 minutes of this thing, and I was amazed that towards the end of those two minutes I actually started to pay more attention to the clothes than to the women in them. Man, runway shows are boring.
Normally, the women mostly look like underdeveloped stickfigures, but at least these women had some curves, some of them. There was one woman with big bouncing breasts, at least, that was nice to see.... runway shows otherwise are almost appalling.
How much did VS pay for this??
/Mike

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I agree I could'nt stand to watch the walking Skeletons in Lingerie. Can someone tell some of these girls to Eat ! For a second I thought I was watching the "Why We Fight" episode of Band of Brothers !

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Dave, you should see the runway shows on the Style network...
eek.gif
... those women normally have no hips, no breasts, and look like they haven't eaten in 2 weeks. I seriously can not watch it. I don't understand why women like that are chosen to show clothes, since 99% of the women who will wear the clothes that are based on these collections do NOT look like that.
/Mike

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of which, Tara Reid makes me want to vomit. There is no way in hell she is not anorexic or bulimic. Look for her on some magazine cover that is out there right now...

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I think they use ultra-skinny models because it makes the clothes easier to see. The models are walking coat hangers. With models that tall and thin, the clothes become the central attraction. I guess it's visual perspective.
Besides, if the girls were really hot and curvy, who would pay attention to the clothes?

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
During the 'hour of sleaze,' by the way, just who was that obnoxious, snotty, arrogant host? Up there with Jar Jar on the 'get off the screen' factor.
He spent his entire screen time mugging for the camera, licking, kissing, caressing, and practically (warning, offensive term): Spoiler: dry-humping everything and everyone in sight.
-J.Yo

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
You are referring to Rupert Everett, who I thought was a fairly inspired choice considering he's gay. I tuned in a little bit to see how in the world ABC would even try to justify showing this.
Oh, and I suppose Victoria's Secret didn't pay a thing to get this on ABC. More likely, ABC probably paid a bundle to be able to telecast it.
------------------
Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
Most recent reviews: Down from the Mountain, The Night Heaven Fell, Plucking the Daisy, Bridget Jones's Diary, Withnail and I: The Criterion Collection

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding the models, I thought it was amazing the difference between the superstars and the others. The superstars (Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Eva Herzigova and maybe Gisele Bundchen) are curvy (thin, but curvy), sexy women, and they walked the runway like they were proud of what they do. The rest of them, in addition to being pretty unattractive, just looked mean.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Sean, that's why they're referred to as "supermodels": they can do both runway work and photoshoots for magazines and ads. Most of the "runway only" models can only do runway work, because they don't have what it takes to do other type of modelling.
And yes, the "supermodels" are good looking with some curves. But I believe they are much more expensive to use than runway models, too.
/mike

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Mark,
That was Mr. Dellamore himself?
eek.gif
I'm accustomed to seeing him subdued and morose, but someone slipped some major happy pills in his martini before the show. I didn't even recognize him...
Joseph

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The director seemed to avoid showing the women's backsides. Right after they turn around to walk back, they'd cut away....
The wings are part of their "Angels" promotion. Dunno about any size correlation, or how they choose who gets to glow in the dark.
//Ken

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
Im sure there was a level of censorship with showing TOO much hot ass on network TV.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Dave, you should see the runway shows on the Style network... ... those women normally have no hips, no breasts, and look like they haven't eaten in 2 weeks.
Yeah, but they don't digitally obscure the nipples under see-through tops. At least they didn't on the E! Style show.
------------------
Brad Grenz
Link Removed
the Widgets

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
They digitally obscured the nipples?? HAHAHA... yeah, because if we saw NIPPLES on TV, we'd all go crazy. Thank God we can still get our weekly dose of good old nipple-free sex and violence on CSI and L&O:SVU. The self-imposed hypocritical censorship in the United States of America makes me want to puke.
/Mike
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks