Vice City: Why Can't I get 6 stars?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Keith_R, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    Hey all, I've recently been playing Vice City on my X-Box and it seems as though I've run into a problem. Lately I have been raising hell in an effort to attract 6 stars and steal a tank however it seems as though the game tops me off at 5 stars and won't let me achieve 6 stars no matter how much I try. Is there a reason for this? I remember getting 6 stars on the PS2 was much easier than it seems to be on my X-Box copy. Is there something I have to do before I can attain 6 star wanted levels? thanks.

2. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

Where are you in the game story? You have to be past a certain mission and have all parts of the game unlocked b4 you can get 6 stars ( to my knowledge anyway ). Throughout most of the game story, you're limited to 5.

3. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

First island caps you at 4 stars. Advance the story if you want to play with wanted level. Fibbies and NatGuard are tough though. Tanks = insta death. Figuring out how to jack a tank the first time is brilliant though.

4. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I have the second island opened and have completed most of the Cortez missions through "Sir Yes Sir". I'm now on to working for the two gangs. Perhaps I'm confused and do need to get my game advanced a little farther.

5. Jack Shappa

Jack Shappa Second Unit

Easiest way I found to get a tank was at your auto-dealership. Just hang out on the second level and shoot everything that passes by. The A.I. is too stupid to come up the stairs to get you, and the roof keeps you safe from helicopters. Just do this until a tank comes, then when the guys jump out to shoot you, shoot them, jump down, grab the tank and head right down the ramp into your garage. Get out of the tank, grab one of your cars and pull into the paint and spray right there (losing your wanted level). My garage is literally filled with tanks.

Speaking of Vice City, I found the police missions incredibly easy once you get the mini-gun. Just follow the suspects, jump out of your car and blow them up with it.

- Jack

6. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

7. Eric Eash

Eric Eash Second Unit

yes this is an old thread, but i found it so here it goes. once you get 6 stars it is hard to hold, even in a tank. the best way i found to get 6 stars is once the game is beaten, go and steal the apachee from the military base. then cruise in that for as long as possible, destroying everything. i think it might have taken me 2 hours to get to the highest wanted level ever, which i think was called "stuff legends are made of". i love this game.

eric

8. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

here is a fun way to get 6 stars. if you have eneough money go to ammunation and just load up to the teeth Kruger ammo. ( i like to have at least 2500 rounds. Also have at least 8-12 RPG rounds to take out helicopters and last but not least make sure you have some grenades.

Make sure to park a car across the entrance of the garage
    Go to the top floor of the parking garage of the open air mall. Take out the kruger and go to town.

after you get five stars make your way down the ramp and start lobbing grenades at the FBI guys. if one of there trucks is still intact hope in and boom 6 stars. Hop out go back to the roof and wait for the fun.

9. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

You people are devils, pure evil to come up with these schemes.

Excellent strats!

10. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

I got really tired of doing a mission last night so I had a Little fun. It seems that all I get now is a 6 star rating.

I had tanks and APC's chasing my ass. so I stole a tank and went a rampage.

This game is NOT for KIDS

11. Brad Billman

Brad Billman Extra

"go and steal the apachee from the military base"

I've looked around the military base for the apachee, but I didn't see it any where. Where is it?

I've finished the final mission and have 70% of the game complete. It's time for some serious havoc.

12. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

Yeah. I havent found the apache yet either. I am around 63-64% and have the regular missions done.

Easiest way I found to get 6 stars is at the Sunshine Autos. Stay on the second level & just shoot everything you see. When you do get 6 stars, the tanks will come. You can snipe the tank drivers through the front of the tank.

Where is my Apache ? [​IMG]

13. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

For the "Apache", you can either collect all hidden packages, or you can beat the main storylines. Then get the cop uniform and go to the back of the base. It should be there.