Vicar of Dibley Delay?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Williams, Oct 9, 2003.

1. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I didn't figure that the B&M stores would have The Vicar of Dibley: Divine Collection out on Tuesday, so I pre-ordered it from Amazon.ca. Everything was going along great, the estimated shipping date was 10/7 and then on Tuesday something weird happened. The item went from pre-order straight to 'ships in 3 to 5 weeks' and now it says it 'releases on 10/21'. The main Amazon.com site went from 'usually ships in 24 hours' to the 10/21 date. BN.com seems to have it, but Best Buy.com is estimating 1-2 weeks availibility. I'm used to seeing the online stores always having the BBC titles on release date, so anyone got the scoop on this? Was there a shortage of product?

2. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer

David-

I noticed the same kind of delay with my order.

I think it may have been something as simple as a street date error that got carried on and never corrected. Note that Coupling Series 2 is also coming out 10/21, and that the AB FAB specials came out a week prior to the street date of Vic of Dibley. The original street date seemed "out of sync" with the other Warner Bros/BBC releases.

Still this is the set I am the most eager for.

Mark

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    The BBC America Shop also shows it was released on 10/7.

4. Jim*F

Jim*F Stunt Coordinator

I bought the Vicar DVD box set at Best Buy the day it came out -- they had 3 copies of the box set, and 1 or 2 copies of each individual DVD. Very strange that Amazon say it is "not yet released" when I have it in my hands!

5. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

I really appreciate the replies, guys. This really sounds to me like a lot of places (Amazon, BB.com) really underestimated demand or BBC did a small run and had to go back for more.

Mark, as far as I know Coupling S2 got pushed from 10/14 to 10/28 (which is what Amazon, and all the other places I checked, is showing).

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I can confirm multiple copies of VOD at the local Best Buy (morons! [​IMG] , sorry, that's another thread). The 3-disc, 14 episode set was priced at $47.99.