Vibrating wall problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alan Pummill, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

After giving my new sub a few weeks for break-in, I recently did my calibration using the Avia DVD. During the frequency sweep section, I noticed that my rear wall vibrates violently at 35hz and below. (This wall was added when the lower level of my house was finished off).

What would be some good choices to alleviate this problem. I've heard of people using patio stones at the bottom to stiffen it up. Would bass traps in the rear portion of my room do anything to help. Picture frames on this wall were actually bouncing 3/8" or more.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA!

2. Nate Nelson

Nate Nelson Stunt Coordinator

I've had the same problem. The clock on my wall rattles and its real annoying. Of course the quick fix would be take it down but I really like it up there. Plus, other annonymous objects are rattling as well so taking that down would only take away one of the many objects/walls/whatever thats makin' noise.

3. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

Try insulating your haning items with a piece of dynamat (stick a piece behing your clock and between your light fixtures and ceiling, etc.)

Elbert