What's new

Vibrapods (1 Viewer)

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Are vibrapods worth it or will a couple layers of soft foam work just as well? I'm not trying to be cheap i just want to know if i can use the foam temporarily until the pods come in.

thanks

---jay

RicP

Screenwriter
Did you order them already? Because I've found that VibraPods aren't worth the $$.
Go to a computer store and find those gel-filled wrist rests and/or mouse pads. Cut them into small 4x4 or whatever squares and place them under the feet of the component that needs to be isolated.
They'll work better than VibraPods and they're cheaper as well. :)

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
i have not ordered them yet. i hadn't even thought of using those wrist pads,thanks for the great idea.

---jay

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I used some really dense, thick foamed wrist pads cut-up into small squares, works excellent.
Peace Out~:D

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I bought a piece of Sorbothane off of E-Bay a few month back for about $9.00 shipped. Just wanted to see if the stuff had any effect when used under my CD or Pre/Amp. I cut the small sheet into four 2"x2" pieces and tried it for about a week or so under each piece of equipment. I really can't say I heard any difference. Of course different equipment and different room may yield different results. I am using some Black Diamond Racing graphite isolation pieces now that I will say make a difference when placed under my Pre/Pro. To me it seems to tame some brightness from the Pre/Pro. I hear a difference so it was worth the cost IMO. My local stereo dealer had the BDR pieces and let me play with them for a few weeks just to see if by trying different combinations of cones, pucks and pits I could tell first hand how they affected what I heard. I ended up shopping off of E-Bay and Audiogon. For about half the price came up with what I liked the best. Some people use blocks of hard to very hard wood under amps, CD player etc. and say that wood also can help systems.

This area of our hobby really is a try and see thing. And can lots of experimenting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks