What's new

Vibrapods anyone? (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Anyone use these: Link Removed ?
If so do they really work? What are the differences you see (hear) if any.
Also what are your opinions on stacking equipment on top of each other due to space constraints. I would never stack anything on top of my receiver (heat), but I do have my DVD player on top of my CD player because that is the only place for it to go.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Allen,

I currently use them under my CDP and DVD player. Bass response/extension is what I feel is most improved. More air too.
I use to use them under my sub and mains when I had my living room/hardwood floor setup. Worked nicely there.

Under my DVD, the pods are between the player and a 2" granite platform.
Under the CDP, the pods are between a gutted/sand-filled Brightstar Air Mass which I modded.
Some swear they smear the component they are placed under. I like them under my source components. But I have moved away from them for any other use.

For $6.00, they are worth an experiment. And as always, YMMV.

BTW -- I would never stack components, but would get a larger, or additional rack. Sound coloration is bad enough with a single component. Two coupled, just created more problems IMHO.

Good Luck,

BOK

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Well right now it is really the only option for me. I am thinking about getting this rack here: Link Removed and putting everything on that. I would like to keep my DVD player by the TV so that I dont' have to buy a really long component cable, which I hear degrades over long lengths. So I'd have to have a really long optical digital cable and a long stereo cable from my TV to my receiver. This could work I think. I guess I could try out the vibrapods then. Any prices that are better than the ones from the Polk site?

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I use them on 2 DIY vibration platforms under my Receiver & DVD.
29.5" square pieces of 1.5" maple painted flat black with 8
Model 3&2 pods installed underneath around the perimeter.
Like this: http://www.vibrapod.com/installation.htm
You cannot even tell it's there with black components
I installed them initially because my equipment rack/shelf
is recessed into the wall without any isolation. The pod
platforms seemed to widen the sweet spot a bit and clear
up my mid bass fuzzies. This, of course, is an unofficial,
unscientific, unmeasurable opinion.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I have never stacked components because I don't want to scratch the bottom one. It sucks when I see a used component that interests me on eBay or a related site and see "scratches on top" in the description. Anyway, since I have never stacked components, I can't say whether doing so has an adverse effect on the sound. I can see how it might though.

Michael Lomker

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a couple sets because they were inexpensive and look very cool. I'm not sure that they improved my system any because I don't really turn up the subwoofer/bass all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks