What's new

Vibes Starring Cyndi Lauper & Jeff Goldblum On DVD??? (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
It's "BADD" that this eighties comedy has not seen the light of laser on DVD. This title is not for everyone. Hokie, too say the least. You may not be able too buy into Jeff Goldblum/Cindi Lauper relationship, I did. Peter Falk, turns in a good performance as well. I fell in 'love' with the soundtrack. Peruvian folk music richly recorded. At least on VHS. Any help on when this might appear, would be a GOOD VIBE.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
Was just thinking about this one yesterday !!!!! I'd buy it but i bet it would be full screen and list for 24.99 . Columbia owns the picture , folks...On a unrelated note Even at 51 Cyndi Lauper is still really adorable ..

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I know a lot of odd and end films from the 80's have popped up on DVD lately, does anyone know there's any chance we'll have of seeing Vibes with Cyndi Lauper and Jeff Goldblum on DVD? I know the movie bombed big time but I've had a special place in my heart for it since I was a kid and a DVD (especially if it had Cyndi's "Hole In My Heart" video as an extra) would be something I'd snatch up in a heartbeat.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I love Vibes , Lauper is downright adorable in this !! Jeff Goldblum is also one of my favorite actors . But you know they'll dump this on disc with a full screen transfer . Thanks Columbia/sony !

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely! Thanks for reminding me of this movie. I've got it on VHS years and years ago and would love it on DVD.

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
One of my favorite films, seen it hundreds of times and still laugh everytime I see it. Hopefully when it does get released it will get its proper 2.35:1 transfer. I have a very crappy bootleg dvd of it now, yet I still watch it all the time.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
The score is as rare as the film- James Horner's synth score was released as an exclusive 1000 copy album in 1990.

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
Towards the end of the movie, Jeff Goldblum actually calls Ms. Lauper by name and calls her "Cyndi" her characters name was Sylvia. Though with the way she looked back then had it been me in that situation I'm sure I would have lost my concentration and said her real name too.

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

I also hopes that Vibes will be coming to DVD soon, do you know if there are any Petition on bringing it to DVD or maybe one of you could start a Petition for it

Al Stuart

Stunt Coordinator
http://hd.net/movies_schedule_by_title.html

Vibes
Rating: PG
Year: 1988
Cast:Cyndi Lauper, Jeff Goldblum, Peter Falk
Director: Ken Kwapis
Synopsis: Comic adventure about two psychics hired to find a city of gold in the mountains of Ecuador.
Run Time: 1:39
Air Dates:6:15 AM ET / 3:15 AM PT - Tue, Nov 1st
1:10 PM ET / 10:10 AM PT - Tue, Nov 1st
8:35 AM ET / 5:35 AM PT - Fri, Nov 11th
10:15 AM ET / 7:15 AM PT - Thu, Nov 17th

Since an HD master is available and HDNET is showing it, it usually means a DVD release is soon to follow (unless there are rights issues such as with Night of the Comet).

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything about the movie Vibes from 1988 starring Cyndi Lauper and Jeff Goldblum, I hope so much that it will be released soon, and I also hope that there are more people like me who wants this fun movie out on DVD soon

Regards/Kris :D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I always ask for this, haven't ever heard any info of a release. Not sure which studio owns it.

Don't forget it also has Peter Falk.

Krister_

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Does anyone have any info about Vibes being released on DVD, I would just LOVE to have this movie on DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks