What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Received a email from DiabolikDVD that my Blu-ray of Waterloo is on it's way. Can't figure out why DeepDiscount canceled it's preorders on Waterloo and had a short time to order War of the Worlds before both titles were taken off their websites.

Stock. I'm sure. They likely got a single shipment from VIA and possibly they got shorted or sold (or oversold) their expected inventory. GIven the difficulty even AUS retailers have had with this it not had to believe they order 30-40 and got 25 b/c VIA had allocated the rest to their AUS partners and presales and restocking may not be possible or it's going to take months (DD normally doesn't seem to allow backorders to sit if their restock is expected >4wks. Sanity is OOS on several and have pulled their listing, JB listing are their but they aren't allowing shipment out of AUS now which is common when they are down to limited quantity.

It is typical for DD AUS items to frequently go on backorder/OOS for quite a long time between batches.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Ran War of the Worlds complete last night on Epson projector. Then checked it out on Optoma projector and on Samsung 4K TV. It's not just the planet Mars in the intro that's blue, but IMO, the color grading throughout is on the cold side. Further, in the 5.1 audio mix, dialogue is minimized. However, the image is sharp as a tack.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Too bad we don't have more information on the Criterion release. The only one who seems to have it right now is Gary Tooze.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Mine's been on the way from the LA ISC to New Hampshire for the past week. Not surprised, actually. On the other hand, I had a package from the UK hit the NY ISC on the 15th, from where it got sent off to Las Vegas. 'Cause, you know, Vegas is the half-way point between New York and New Hampshire. :huh:

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
Ran War of the Worlds complete last night on Epson projector. Then checked it out on Optoma projector and on Samsung 4K TV. It's not just the planet Mars in the intro that's blue, but IMO, the color grading throughout is on the cold side. Further, in the 5.1 audio mix, dialogue is minimized. However, the image is sharp as a tack.
I refer you back to the five png screens I posted from wotw on P.7 of this thread. They are a perfect replication of the image I am projecting on a 4K Optoma, with the usual 4K uprezzing. I don’t perceive any color bias at all, least of all blue bias.

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
I refer you back to the five png screens I posted from wotw on P.7 of this thread. They are a perfect replication of the image I am projecting on a 4K Optoma, with the usual 4K uprezzing. I don’t perceive any color bias at all, least of all blue bias.
Thank you David for your reply. I base my opinion on having seen War of the Worlds first run, the various video iterations, and familiarity with collector prints over the years. Best wishes, AB

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Who in their right mind would colour Mars blue? It's called 'the red planet.'

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Why would anyone want to title their movie Krakatoa: East of Java when Krakatoa was actually west of Java? But they did it anyway.

There's been a lot of talk about this over the years, and no one has been able to explain it. Seems pretty ignorant on the part of the filmmakers/studio to me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Now, I'm starting to get concern that my copy is lost in the USPS system. It shipped on June 4th and hasn't moved from Detroit's Regional facility since June 6th. I expected a delay, but not this long of a delay. For the foreseeable future, I'm going to try to stay away from using USPS with my disc shipments even if I have to pay extra for UPS or Fedex deliveries.
Well, my "The War of the Worlds" Blu-ray has finally arrived at my local USPS facility from Detroit. It took from June 6th to June 25th, to travel 75 miles. I hope I get it today, but based on my recent experiences with the USPS and this pandemic, I probably won't get it until tomorrow, if I'm lucky.;)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Well, my "The War of the Worlds" Blu-ray has finally arrived at my local USPS facility from Detroit. It took from June 6th to June 25th, to travel 75 miles. I hope I get it today, but based on my recent experiences with the USPS and this pandemic, I probably won't get it until tomorrow, if I'm lucky.;)

I ordered my copy of War Of The Worlds from a seller on e-bay and it took all of one week from purchase to arrival.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I ordered my copy of War Of The Worlds from a seller on e-bay and it took all of one week from purchase to arrival.
Anyhow, I watched it today with the audio commentary by Barry Forshaw and Kim Newman. It looks really good on my OLED.:thumbsup: I can't wait to compare it to the Criterion BD and my 4K/Dolby Vision digital on iTunes.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
This is getting very frustrating. USPS Informed Delivery has been "stuck" at the "Processed through facility" status at the Los Angeles ISC since 6/12. I figured it was likely on its way to me in New Hampshire. I finally got an update earlier tonight. They sent it to Miami.:rolleyes:

So it's probably going to be another week until it gets to me.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Looks like Imprint is releasing some new titles from a post on Blu-ray.com. Great news on two of my favorites...The Day of the Locust and The Winslow Boy.

Australian label Via Vision Entertainment has announced its next batch of titles from the recently launched Imprint Collection. They are: Major Dundee (1965), Hard Eight (1996), Danger: Diabolik (1968), The Day of the Locust (1975), The Winslow Boy (1999), Jonathan Livingston Seagull (1973), The Bob Hope Collection (1939-1940), and Essential Film Noir Collection Volume 1 (1947-1959)

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
As I had said there, it's interesting that they've expanded beyond the Paramount catalog. Some of the titles announced are Paramount titles owned by Universal, and some are from the Columbia (Sony) catalog.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The Film Noir sounds intriguing and I have a couple of those movies on DVD. I will like last time wait for reviews. Who would have thought The Garment Jungle would make it on Blu-ray :)
I have that DVD !
I still feel like some of these titles will be get US releases. And I have been checking reviews and so far Im glad I passed on I Married a monster from Outer Space and Sorry Wrong Number

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The Film Noir sounds intriguing and I have a couple of those movies on DVD. I will like last time wait for reviews. Who would have thought The Garment Jungle would make it on Blu-ray :)
I have that DVD !
I still feel like some of these titles will be get US releases. And I have been checking reviews and so far Im glad I passed on I Married a monster from Outer Space and Sorry Wrong Number

The Garment Jungle was also teased about getting a UK Blu-ray from Indicator. It hasn't been scheduled, and it's currently unknown whether it'll be a standalone or part of a set (probably the latter).

Married and Sorry were definitely the low points of the first wave of Imprint releases, but I think they have been dumped on more than they deserve, especially the former. I got both of them (I ordered the whole bundle) and don't regret it one bit.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
IMPRINT FILM RELEASES

Preorders now up at Imprint/VV for the October items
August preorders and bundle still up
2 of the May items still available

August bundle $150AUD + shipping -- (exchange rate around 0.68 right now)

OCTOBER PREORDER BUNDLE $399.95 AUD + shipping for all 12 films. Actually shipping to the US/Can is a pretty reasonable $50AUD

$50 must be some sort of flat rate after a certainly level b/c I tried 100 of ea of hte bundle And the 2 May releases and still got an estimate of $50, Surely that much be some sort of error. $55000 AUD if anyone is interested in the total

$35 for the singles
$70ea for the Major Dundee (2 version, 2 disc) item and the Bob Hope 2 Film
$120 for the 4 film Noir Collection 1

As with the previous rounds - payment is taken immediately and cancelling an order is difficult

In a few days I'd expect JBHiFi and Sanity to have their orders up and in a few weeks some of the US retailers should have a preorder ready.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks