What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
If the Adventures set didn't cost a whopping $180.00 for 5 films I would have purchased it. I already have Kino's nice version of Arabian Knights so that makes this even more expensive. I have no doubt Omar Khayyam and a couple others in the set will be released by Kino within the next year for a fraction of the cost. I can wait. Zarak is the title I want the most from this set.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
If the Adventures set didn't cost a whopping $180.00 for 5 films I would have purchased it. I already have Kino's nice version of Arabian Knights so that makes this even more expensive. I have no doubt Omar Khayyam and a couple others in the set will be released by Kino within the next year for a fraction of the cost. I can wait. Zarak is the title I want the most from this set.
It pays to shop around. I paid $116.00 for the set.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I would like to have The Naked Jungle.
It seems it's OOP?
I really hope someone releases it in USA or Europe soon.
I waited in case someone did.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Is that $180 US or $180 Australian?
It was that price at deep discount but dropped. But anything over $80 is way too much for me for this. I already have one of these films and I don't generally pay over $20 a film anymore. Its very likely that Kino will release at least some of these they already released Arabian Knights.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
It was that price at deep discount but dropped. But anything over $80 is way too much for me for this. I already have one of these films and I don't generally pay over $20 a film anymore. It’s very likely that Kino will release at least some of these they already released Arabian Knights.
Fair. I realize for some people it is expensive.

I hope kino does release some of these titles, but (for me) they are taking their sweet time and not releasing what I need. And, kino doesn’t have as a good bonus features (if any).

With the conversion, it’s cheaper for me to buy the Oz release.

I know that’s not for everyone, though.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

I hope kino does release some of these titles, but (for me) they are taking their sweet time and not releasing what I need. And, kino doesn’t have as a good bonus features (if any).

I agree with you. None of us are getting any younger!!! If you have a chance to upgrade your collection, don't let a couple of bucks come between you and the films you want. As good as Kino is, these really aren't a high priority for them. And not much profit margin to these titles, that's probebly why they got the box set treatment, rather than the single releases.
And Kino has never been known to be like Criterion and other lables that have the extensive bonus materials.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

I have a few Via Vision releases and don't find them to have any more extras than Kino and VIA Vision have alot of transfers that are problematic so even more of a risk for expensive titles. If it was someone like Indicator I would probably bite and their prices are a little cheaper.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I have a few Via Vision releases and don't find them to have any more extras than Kino and VIA Vision have alot of transfers that are problematic so even more of a risk for expensive titles. If it was someone like Indicator I would probably bite and their prices are a little cheaper.
Actually in this case, this box set had a nice blend of bonus features. And for the most part were excellent restorations, a definate upgrade from the available dvds. Kino offered only one of the five films from this box set, and that title is very compairable to this release. I already had a copy of Kinos edition, the curse of boxsets, chances are you have at least one of the titles already in your collection :huh:

Yes, agreed, Via Vision has had their PQ issues with some titles, and I have a few. The UKs Indicator lable has been more consistant with PQ.
Everyone has their own priorities, for those that wish to wait and hope that in the future that another boutique company will release these separately and less expensively...all the best of luck to you.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I know VIA VISION doesn’t have the best transfers all the time, but they do have more bonus features than kino. The only things kino usually has is a trailer and commentary.
Maybe you don't purchase alot of Kino titles but only about 60% have just a trailer and a commentary but the rest have more and sometimes alot more it just depends on the title just like any other label. When Kino 1st started 6 or 7 years ago they didn't have alot of extras on all their titles but they have come along way since then. Too me the transfer is much more important as I rarely have time to watch extras anymore.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Maybe you don't purchase alot of Kino titles but only about 60% have just a trailer and a commentary but the rest have more and sometimes alot more it just depends on the title just like any other label. When Kino 1st started 6 or 7 years ago they didn't have alot of extras on all their titles but they have come along way since then. Too me the transfer is much more important as I rarely have time to watch extras anymore.
understand, but bonus features are nice when they connect to the title. It does give a deeper undersatnding of the film and I love trivia and behind the scenes extras and not just a bunch of unrelated trailers. But that's just me.:)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I don’t know where you go that % from, but I’d say 60% of the titles I have from KINO are just the two. 🤷‍♂️

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_01.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_02.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_03.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_04.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_05.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_06.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_07.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_08.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_09.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_10.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_11.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_12.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_13.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_14.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_15.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_16.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_17.jpg
Via Vision Entertainment - July 2023 New Releases_Page_18.jpg

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I still haven't bought Midnight Express, waiting for a 4k release.
Maybe this year for its anniversary?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks