What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (2 Viewers)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Some good stuff here! I'll probably get the noir box set just for the two Ida Lupino movies. And the blu ray debut of Omar Khayyam (never released on DVD or laser disc) is going to make a lot of people very happy. And as a huge Mia Farrow fanboy, I'm all over The Haunting Of Julia/Full Circle.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some good stuff here! I'll probably get the noir box set just for the two Ida Lupino movies. And the blu ray debut of Omar Khayyam (never released on DVD or laser disc) is going to make a lot of people very happy. And as a huge Mia Farrow fanboy, I'm all over The Haunting Of Julia/Full Circle.
I'm purchasing that film noir box set too even though I already have three of those five titles on Blu-ray. Those Olive Blu-rays are 10-11 years old, so this upcoming box set is derived from 4K scans done in 2021. The fourth title is Beware, My Lovely which will replace an old TCM DVD-R recording. I've never seen Jennifer so this will be a blind purchase for me.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

I'm very interested in this box-set because the only title I already have is Zarak. As the other titles present Adele Jergens or Debra Paget, both of whom I like a lot, this is a very attractive package for me.

I'm purchasing that film noir box set too even though I already have three of those five titles on Blu-ray. Those Olive Blu-rays are 10-11 years old, so this upcoming box set is derived from 4K scans done in 2021. The fourth title is Beware, My Lovely which will replace an old TCM DVD-R recording. I've never seen Jennifer so this will be a blind purchase for me.

I've never seen Jennifer either but I've wanted to for decades ever since I was told that Matt Dennis' haunting song Angel Eyes was written for this film. Ida Lupino seems to have been a booster for Matt Dennis because she had him sing his song It Wasn't The Stars That Thrilled Me in The Bigamist.

I'll wait a few weeks before ordering in case these titles are released closer to home.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I already have 3 of the Films in the noir box set in blu ray but they could use an upgrade. Plus i have the first three film noir sets that they have released. Beware My Lovely with Robert Ryan and Ida Lupino is a must so i will end up getting this set. Also Haunting of Julia looks good. The Adventure set i'll probably get too. Ok this is going to be an expensive month. :rolleyes:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Nice adventure box set, especially "Omar Kahyyam" I've always had a soft spot for this movie and great cast as well. Arabian Nights has been released here in the states on BD, but according to this writeup, all of these are new/ recent 2K/6K prints from mostly OCN. Technicolor productions, if done like WAC, can be amazing!!
But this is Imprint, and I've been let down before!!!
I hope these titles are concurrent releases by the Studio (Fox or MGM?) themselves as an option, rather than ordering from Imprint...

Attachments

• Imprint Films - Edition Twenty-Six (April 2023)_Page_4.jpg
    Imprint Films - Edition Twenty-Six (April 2023)_Page_4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

gjn123

Agent
Real Name
Brendan Brennan
Nice adventure box set, especially "Omar Kahyyam" I've always had a soft spot for this movie and great cast as well. Arabian Nights has been released here in the states on BD, but according to this writeup, all of these are new/ recent 2K/6K prints from mostly OCN. Technicolor productions, if done like WAC, can be amazing!!
But this is Imprint, and I've been let down before!!!
I hope these titles are concurrent releases by the Studio (Fox or MGM?) themselves as an option, rather than ordering from Imprint...
They’re listing 1.37 to 1 as the aspect ratio for “Omar Khayaam”. How could that be for a VistaVision release from 1957? Here we go again.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Right there with you Thomas! Very happy to see Omar Khayyam finally get a physical disc release. The Tales of Adventure Collection 1 set looks terrific overall and hopefully is followed up by other sets including titles like Bagdad (1949), Flame of Araby (1951), The Veils of Bagdad (1953), Sign of the Pagan (1954), etc.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Kino just released these two titles just last year,and did a nice job with Arabian Nights and Alibaba and the 40 Thieves, both with Maria Montez and Jon Hall, and Sabu. Maybe Vol 2 will have a decent Thief of Bagdad with Sabu and Conrad Veight? Network/BFI is a decent edtion...

Attachments

• 81f7+7kpioL._SL1500_.jpg
    81f7+7kpioL._SL1500_.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 81VnOPsHulL._SL1500_.jpg
    81VnOPsHulL._SL1500_.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 712h9fm6NnL._SL1263_.jpg
    712h9fm6NnL._SL1263_.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 28

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I've been hoping that Kino-Lorber would release Omer Khayyam on DVD and Blu-ray here in Region 1, but I'm not sure how likely that is, so it is good to have an alternate solution.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Kino just released these two titles just last year,and did a nice job with Arabian Nights and Alibaba and the 40 Thieves, both with Maria Montez and Jon Hall, and Sabu. Maybe Vol 2 will have a decent Thief of Bagdad with Sabu and Conrad Veight? Network/BFI is a decent edtion...

I've been hoping that Kino-Lorber would release Omer Khayyam on DVD and Blu-ray here in Region 1, but I'm not sure how likely that is, so it is good to have an alternate solution.
Just got this from VIA VISION!!!!! Hi Robert, You'll be pleased to hear that the film scan has just come in - and it is indeed 1.85:1, the film's intended OAR. The website has been updated to reflect this. Thank you for catching this! By the way I told them the posters here caught the error in the press release

Last edited:

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Interested in Pumping Iron, but I assume it will be the same non OAR presentation that was in the previous Australian disc, and without English subtitles. :(

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'll wait for reviews etc. but that "Hitchcock remake" set interests me. I prefer that version of The Thirty-Nine Steps to Hitchcock's and the remake of The Lady Vanishes - photographed by Douglas Slocombe - is pretty good, It also has Angela Lansbury which is always a bonus.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I viewed The Lady Vanishes with Cybill Shepherd on the Sony Movie Channel last year and it was boring and dull. Did like North West Frontier which is part of the Kenneth More collection and already have the Blu-ray released by VCI back in 2012.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They’re listing 1.37 to 1 as the aspect ratio for “Omar Khayaam”. How could that be for a VistaVision release from 1957? Here we go again.
Yeah for some reason Imprint seems to think all Vistavision titles are supposed to be 1.37:1. I hope they correct this as I was sold on this set despite already having Arabian Nights on Blu Ray. But this is probably a deal breaker considering the high cost of their releases.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Yeah for some reason Imprint seems to think all Vistavision titles are supposed to be 1.37:1. I hope they correct this as I was sold on this set despite already having Arabian Nights on Blu Ray. But this is probably a deal breaker considering the high cost of their releases.
Per @RobertMG in post 810 above, Via Vision confirmed their original spec was in error and have corrected it to 1.85:1

1676472085721.png

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
When I went to see The Lady Vanishes remake in the theater back in the day, it had been renamed Death Train, I guess to try to draw in some unsuspecting slasher fans to the movie. The credits started in glorious color and then a cheap, black and white inserted title "Death Train" was stuck in place of the real title and then it resumed in color and a normal presentation for the remainder of the movie. I went because Angela Lansbury's name was in the newspaper listings (I was okay with Cybill and Elliott, too), but it ended up being less entertaining to me than the Hitchcock version even with the color and widescreen. Yes, a bit dull and Cybill was self-conscious and not sympatico with the material, I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks