What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Imprint Films - Edition Twenty-Four_Page_1.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Twenty-Four_Page_2.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Twenty-Four_Page_3.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Twenty-Four_Page_4.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Twenty-Four_Page_5.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Twenty-Four_Page_6.jpg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Wow! Some good stuff here. Definitely interested in The Mountain, Carrie, Something To Live For and maybe Resurrection. Glad to see Imprint is now listing the sources of their transfers.
I've seen a 35mm print of Carrie. It's an excellent Wyler film with outstanding performances from the 2 leads; possibly one of Olivier's best. Something to Live for is a very rare Stevens film. I've also seen it way back. It was just restored for a showing at the Cinema Ritrovato in Bologna. These Imprint releases mean that these 2 films might possibly be seeing the light of day domestically via home video.
And Resurrection has Burstyn at her peak.

B....

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Blair
I will. It will probably be a lot cheaper, too.
I've been a patron there (Bay St Video) for years & it's like a weekly visit for many of us to check new releases & see the ratings chart attended to by employees & trusted others. The guys & gals who work there are most congenial & considerate. I'm sure your business would be a rewarding endeavour. (please provide feedback if any here follow up on an order). Their pricing is, for the most part, on par with Amazon, & more extensive, from my experience, than trying to piece together your preferences from distant locations.
I had an interesting conversation there today in response to a Criterion 4K disc that I bought which had a big thumb print on the 4K copy (a superficial scratch is occasionally seen as well on various labels but those that I have experienced do NOT affect performance). One person's opinion was basically that the demand on, mainly boutique labels, has become a very busy proposition for these people, & has resulted in rushed / sometimes sloppy packaging etc. IMO, even Criterion should re-visit QC, (notably "The Irishman" 4k) has an inherent small "divot" mark in the surface in the first pressing edition. Fortunately it doesn't affect playback. I hope QC does not become a consistent issue in general.

Last edited:

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I'm all in for Carrie. If it's as good PQ wise as their recent Rose Tattoo blu-ray I'll be thrilled.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I have the old Olive Blu of The Mountain, which presents as a somewhat disappointing HD transfer. Not bad mind you, but not at all what you'd hope for with a VistaVision film. I hope that the new Imprint transfer looks better as far as detail is concerned, but I would suspect it is the very same source.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I have the old Olive Blu of The Mountain, which presents as a somewhat disappointing HD transfer. Not bad mind you, but not at all what you'd hope for a VistaVision film. I hope that the new Imprint transfer looks better as far as detail is concerned, but I would suspect it is the very same source.
Shoulder Shrug Idk GIF by MOODMAN

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I find the Mountain to be a pretty good film. Just hard for me to believe that Wagner and Tracy are brothers. There's a 30 year difference in age and Tracy looks even older that he actually is.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I love IMPRINT but I find their general indifference towards PQ frustrating. They are an excellent label overall, just wish they would insist on fresh scans when they acquire titles. Kino is one-upping Imprint with fresh scans of films Imprint is releasing, which is now making me pause placing preorders. The Mountain, however, is not on Kino's radar for a US re-release since they say the film did not sell well for Olive. Bummer because it's a fun film.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t think they’re indifferent; I think the more likely truth is that their market share and audience size is so small that they simply do not make the kind of revenue from their disc releases that would put them in a position to “insist” on fresh scans.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I don’t think they’re indifferent; I think the more likely truth is that their market share and audience size is so small that they simply do not make the kind of revenue from their disc releases that would put them in a position to “insist” on fresh scans.

Quite true. After all, from their perspective, their market is Australia & New Zealand. While I'm sure they're pleased with whatever sales they make to individuals and retailers elsewhere in the world, they can't count on those.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Quite true. After all, from their perspective, their market is Australia & New Zealand. While I'm sure they're pleased with whatever sales they make to individuals and retailers elsewhere in the world, they can't count on those.

Perhaps, but they're obviously a quality-minded label judging by their general presentation and thoughtful extras. I'm sure our Australian counterparts would also appreciate some attention paid to film transfers and don't just buy for the pretty packaging.

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
Perhaps, but they're obviously a quality-minded label judging by their general presentation and thoughtful extras. I'm sure our Australian counterparts would also appreciate some attention paid to film transfers and don't just buy for the pretty packaging.
Agreed. A bad transfer wrapped in pretty packaging is a non-starter for me.

LOL @ your icon of Don Ramon from "El Chavo"... :rolling-smiley: :rolling-smiley::rolling-smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks