What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (2 Viewers)

YANG

Screenwriter
I really want THE KILLING FIELDS just for the bonus features, as the Warner Blu was barebones. Such a steep price for one film... :/
in the later days of DVD period... which happens roughly 7~10yrs ago, the copyright to the Killing Fields seems not to be Warner Exclusive anymore. that's what happened to my country at least.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
in the later days of DVD period... which happens roughly 7~10yrs ago, the copyright to the Killing Fields seems not to be Warner Exclusive anymore. that's what happened to my country at least.
The Killing Fields wasn’t a “purely” WB title; it was produced by Goldcrest Films and distributed by an alliance of Columbia-EMI-Warner in the UK, with Warner handling the North American rights. It looks like Australian distribution was handled by CEL Film Distribution with video rights administered by Star Video.

The North American video rights still appear to vest with WB, as the iTunes version still carries a WB copyright.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Hey guys, how do you order Imprint titles? I’m asking because I typically have bought titles through Amazon and the pricing has been what appears to be retail or so. I was checking the upcoming The World of Suzie Wong on Amazon and it’s nearly double the pricing from Imprint’s website.

You might already be aware -- but I've noticed that a lot of people don't seem to be -- that the prices on Via Vision/Imprint's website are in Australian dollars. Currently, the exchange rate is roughly AU$1.00=US$0.70, so a typical Imprint title priced at AU$35 should be about US$25.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jerry, yes. The Via Vision website shows The World of Suzie Wong is on sale. But when you add the price and shipping charges in US dollars, it ends up being close to the Deep Discount price. it’s actually less to buy from Deep Discount with their free shipping.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Last night I watched ON THE BEACH and FALLOUT. The supplemental features are outstanding. It was fascinating to hear an audio interview with Gregory Peck from the late 90s with his memories of making ON THE BEACH. The print of ON THE BEACH is sharp but clearly is the same one used for the US and UK blu ray. It would be awesome to have a 4K restoration of ON THE BEACH.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again Boris/Frank for the Deep Discount recommendation. My first order from them arrived today of The World of Suzie Wong. Nice it was shipped in box, though the lower corner was slightly dinged. I look forward to seeing how this disc compares to the iTunes digital and old DVD. Should be better image quality. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to add, now that I bought The World of Susie Wong, Paramount will probably release a Region 1 disc next year. When Worlds Collide will be coming soon and Criterion did release The Flight of the Phoenix.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Last night I watched ON THE BEACH and FALLOUT. The supplemental features are outstanding. It was fascinating to hear an audio interview with Gregory Peck from the late 90s with his memories of making ON THE BEACH. The print of ON THE BEACH is sharp but clearly is the same one used for the US and UK blu ray. It would be awesome to have a 4K restoration of ON THE BEACH.
Additionally On The Beach has a 5.! stereo option.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Here is a trailer from Imprint on upcoming release of Dersu Uzala. Just purchased it on DeepDiscount so i hope the print used for it will look ok but do not expect a great looking image unless a major restoration was done on it. Does contain a commentary so that's good news.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Here is a trailer from Imprint on upcoming release of Dersu Uzala. Just purchased it on DeepDiscount so i hope the print used for it will look ok but do not expect a great looking image unless a major restoration was done on it....
It will probably look the same as this:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Thanks again Boris/Frank for the Deep Discount recommendation. My first order from them arrived today of The World of Suzie Wong. Nice it was shipped in box, though the lower corner was slightly dinged. I look forward to seeing how this disc compares to the iTunes digital and old DVD. Should be better image quality. :)
How does the blu ray of Suzie Wong look?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Ken, I have not watched the Suzie Wong set yet. I was pre-occupied by the big Star Trek 4K blu ray releases. :)

I could find time to see it this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks