What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (2 Viewers)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Warner Archive's DVD series is DVD-Rs and the big joke is that they are more consistently reliable and long-lasting than Warner's pressed DVDs.
No kidding. I approach watching some of my older Warner discs with dread knowing 45 or so minutes in that they're likely to fail.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Just to weigh in on BD-R (although this discussion should probably be in its own thread).

I purchased the Charmed S2 which was on BD-R. Prior to purchasing I didn’t believe the negative arguments.

There were problems.
1) Discs would not play at all in my Panasonic, but would in my LG.
2) If I paused a disc for length of time( several minutes), the disc would be frozen at that spot when I tried to resume. Would have to stop, return to the menu and either chapter jump or FF to original spot.

On doing some research, apparently there are different processes for burning, and some are reportedly less error prone.

Fortunately, enough people complained (especially about player compatibility) so that the discs were rereleased as pressed (although Amazon may still have burned stock they are selling).

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I just ordered War of the Worlds... $37.51 with shipping. I've certainly spent more on single titles, so I'm not complaining. This is a Holy Grail title for me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m just curious why there’s no link to this site or maybe I just missed it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sanity.com.au now has the individual items up for order.

4 of the items are listed at 36.99AUD, I Married a Monster is 42.99

A single title like War of the Worlds 36.99 - 10% GST taken off when you enter you address + 9.95AUD shipping for a single item -- so approx $28-29USD shipped at the current exchange rate or $0.66USD/AUD.

I'm wondering if the Monster item has different packaging somehow. Sanity has a weight based shipping charge with several tiers (9.95/24.95/43.95). I can put the other 4 items in my cart and still get $9.95 shipping, but 3 of the others + I Married a Monster is $24.95 and up to a total of 12 single items could be the same $25 level .

4 Items (not including Monster) would be around $93USD shipped.

Sanity also has a 10% off $150+ order Promo Code -- SDCFZHI1363
All 5 items -- $181 AUS (approx $118USD) shipped so a little less than ViaVision direct and I don't think they do a final charge until shipment.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For those that stream, iTunes is currently selling the HD digital of "I Married a Monster from Outer Space" for $4.99

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those worried about Via or Sanity shipping to the US and JBHIFI doesn't even appear to be taking orders there are several US sites that
are listing these for sale.

Since shipping from AUS is at best on hold I'm not sure how that will affect retail/commercial importers being able to get stock, but an alternative. I'm also unsure how that will possibly affect the Unique Slipcovers the first batch is supposed to have -- will those only be available for direct orders from VIA/Madman or will all retailers share that batch. Sanity is now showing pics without slipcovers, some with radically different cover art - not sure if that means anything about what they will be shipping

Amazon.com though prices are rather high -- looks like currently $38ea though that is MSRP so very likely will be less by release date

Deep Discount has each of them for $25+ at the moment which meets the FS amt. With Mothers Day and Memorial Day coming up before release date, it's entirely possible a 10-15% off code or 2 may be available at some point this month as well.

Importcds has a lower price, but no FS option -- $2.99 for one, 1.50 ea added so not much of a difference and I dont think this site has extra coupons

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
For those worried about Via or Sanity shipping to the US and JBHIFI doesn't even appear to be taking orders there are several US sites that
are listing these for sale.

Since shipping from AUS is at best on hold I'm not sure how that will affect retail/commercial importers being able to get stock, but an alternative. I'm also unsure how that will possibly affect the Unique Slipcovers the first batch is supposed to have -- will those only be available for direct orders from VIA/Madman or will all retailers share that batch. Sanity is now showing pics without slipcovers, some with radically different cover art - not sure if that means anything about what they will be shipping

Amazon.com though prices are rather high -- looks like currently $38ea though that is MSRP so very likely will be less by release date

Deep Discount has each of them for $25+ at the moment which meets the FS amt. With Mothers Day and Memorial Day coming up before release date, it's entirely possible a 10-15% off code or 2 may be available at some point this month as well.

Importcds has a lower price, but no FS option -- $2.99 for one, 1.50 ea added so not much of a difference and I dont think this site has extra coupons

Latest coronavirus update on the Australia Post website says they are shipping internationally.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Latest coronavirus update on the Australia Post website says they are shipping internationally.

But it appears the Economy Package services including Economy Air which I think JB and Sanity use are still on hold. Again all very confusing, but at least Sanity is allowing orders to be placed which even if delayed is something.

I'm not sure of the shipping method directly from Via Vision and no clue what method US commercial distributors (Alliance, Ingram, Amazon) use to get stock.

I have read of a couple people ordering ORDINARY PEOPLE from Sanity which released today so I guess it will be the Weather Balloon to see if those ship soon or are put on delay or outright cancelled

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What website can I order ORDINARY PEOPLE from?

Somewhat debatable whether it will ship, but currently backordered here and they are allowing orders

JB used to be go-to AUS dealer, but I'm can't figure out how to place an order through their site right now. They appear to be blocking order outside AUS and possibly NZ

I don't think you can order international direct from Shock

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Somewhat debatable, but currently backordered here and they are allowing orders

JB used to be go-to AUS dealer, but I'm can't figure out how to place an order through their site right now. They appear to be blocking order outside AUS and possibly NZ

I don't think you can order international direct from Shock
Thanks

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Figured I'd give people who've ordered either the bundle, or a subset thereof, that Via is shipping now. I just got email that my package has been received by Australia Post, and is on the way.

Now for the wait as it makes the 10K-and-change-mile trek from Victoria to New Hampshire.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
I ordered the bundle from Via but haven't received any confirmation.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
2ND Batch of Releases now being announced and a very strong start. #3 and no sign of slowing down

Announcing hourly x 5 on their Social Media sites then Orders at imprintfilms.com.au should be live around 3 am EDT
2nd Wave appears to release August 26th, 2020 -- orders just went up at Imprint

Bundle Price $150 AUD + shipping just like the 1st batch and I think people said they were charged at time of their order.
$34.95AUD each otherwise
Imprint Wave 2 Bundle -- August 26, 2020

Now just waiting on the first review of 1st Round of discs to see if it worth paying the premium

When Worlds Collide (1951) which has been rumored for a couple week

No Way to Treat a Lady (1968)

A Place in the Sun (1951)

The Carpetbaggers (1964)

Night Falls on Manhattan (1996)

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ha, Paramount Presents is looking like a bit of a damp squib (not squid!) compared to the stuff they're licensing out to Imprint.

It's the two sixties films for me, The Carpetbaggers & No Way To Treat A Lady. I'll have to think about A Place In The Sun, I've never seen it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks