What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Blu ray of "The Country Girl" is listed on their site as being in "it's original Asoect ratio of 1.33 to 1. I believe that the film was released in December of 1954 in 1.85 to 1. This would mean that they just put out the old Paramount Academy Ration DVD. Too bad.
Right, "The Country Girl" was filmed February-April, 1954 and had its LA and NYC release in December, 1954. The wide release wasn't until March, 1955. There is little question that this film should be shown in widescreen. This isn't a "Shane" situation.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I'm SO in for Naked Jungle and Lady in a Cage. The latter had a lackluster (sadly, not surprised) BD release from Spain that I purchased with high hopes. Whew, these babies have premium price tags, though. Louis suggested that Deep Discount might have the better prices.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
A heads up for those in the US and Canada interested in Lady in a Cage, Shout!/Scream Factory will release the film on Blu-ray on December 21, 2021:

LIAC_BR_Cover_72dpi.png

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Walmart currently has The Harry Palmer Blu-ray box set at $61. Tempted to buy it but have a good feeling that the transfers are the same as the previous discs which i have. Nice extras on the box set.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Holy Shit! Never, ever imagined I would see THE BIG MOUTH released to any format.

AND (if anybody cares) they are including the Super 8 version that I once owned.

How expensive are these Imprint titles? Never ordered one before and this will be my first.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Holy Shit! Never, ever imagined I would see THE BIG MOUTH released to any format.

AND (if anybody cares) they are including the Super 8 version that I once owned.

How expensive are these Imprint titles? Never ordered one before and this will be my first.
You can get most of them from DiabolikDVD here in the US.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Right, "The Country Girl" was filmed February-April, 1954 and had its LA and NYC release in December, 1954. The wide release wasn't until March, 1955. There is little question that this film should be shown in widescreen. This isn't a "Shane" situation.
Same thing happened with their release of Bridges at Toko-Ri. They just used an ancient full screen master instead of a new one in its original 1.85:1 ratio.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, Jerry Lewis at Columbia went up for preorder on Amazon. It's only two movies and it's selling for $90.

Should I expect a price drop as we get closer to release date or is this the expected price?

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The Harry Palmer Collection has been out for a few months. Want to buy it since i am a big fan of Michael Caine but the transfers are the same as the old single releases which i have. The new release has a commentary on each movie and a few new extras but for me at $68 it's too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks