What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Well, NAKED JUNGLE was filmed in 1.37:1. COUNTRY GIRL was inteded to be 1.85:1. We'll see...
Are sure about that as The Naked Jungle was filmed in the summer of 1953?

Edit: Well it looks like I'm wrong again, but right at an earlier time in 2004.:laugh: However, The Naked Jungle was filmed late June-August, 1953, but wasn't released until 1954.

The Naked Jungle

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
House of Cards is the much-appreciated rarity here. With a fine Francis Lai score besides a good cast.

Rodney

Premium
Are sure about that as The Naked Jungle was filmed in the summer of 1953?

Edit: Well it looks like I'm wrong again, but right at an earlier time.:laugh:

The Naked Jungle
Crawdaddy, you were right before you were wrong! LOL

I agree with your comments from 2004 and I've been waiting for both The Naked Jungle and The Country Girl to make it to blu.

Rodney

Premium
Here's the list of Special Features for The Naked Jungle:

Special Features and Technical Specs:

• 1080p High definition presentation
  • NEW Audio commentary by film critic Barry Forshaw
  • NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Lee Pfeiffer and Paul Scrabo
  • “Charlton Heston, For All Seasons” – 55min vintage documentary on Charlton Heston
  • Suspense! Radio Play 1957: Leiningen Versus the Ants starring William Conrad
  • Escape! Radio Play 1949: Leiningen Versus the Ants starring Tudor Owen
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Original Aspect Ratio 1.33:1
  • LPCM 2.0 audio
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Limited Edition slipcase on the first 2000 copies with unique artwork
The-Naked-Jungle-Exploded.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Here's the list of Special Features for The Naked Jungle:

Special Features and Technical Specs:

• 1080p High definition presentation
  • NEW Audio commentary by film critic Barry Forshaw
  • NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Lee Pfeiffer and Paul Scrabo
  • “Charlton Heston, For All Seasons” – 55min vintage documentary on Charlton Heston
  • Suspense! Radio Play 1957: Leiningen Versus the Ants starring William Conrad
  • Escape! Radio Play 1949: Leiningen Versus the Ants starring Tudor Owen
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Original Aspect Ratio 1.33:1
  • LPCM 2.0 audio
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Limited Edition slipcase on the first 2000 copies with unique artwork
The-Naked-Jungle-Exploded.png
It looks like no new scan is being used for this BD release. However, those extras will probably get me to order this release because I love this movie so much.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well my e-mail with the dec title showed up, some solid announcements, the question remains will these also receive a North American release after the Imprint releases, ( thinking along the Paramount Presents line)

Dick

Premium
Real Name
Rick
well my e-mail with the dec title showed up, some solid announcements, the question remains will these also receive a North American release after the Imprint releases, ( thinking along the Paramount Presents line)

Very few (A PLACE IN THE SUN being one) of the Imprint releases have been released under the Paramount Presents moniker here in the States. That could and probably will change in time.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Very few (A PLACE IN THE SUN being one) of the Imprint releases have been released under the Paramount Presents moniker here in the States. That could and probably will change in time.
I know , I have both releases, then there is War of the Worlds, but what this proves is the right steps by Via Vision/Imprint and some missteps on the Presents line.

still have some more Imprints that i am looking to pick up, Lynch's Straight Story, Noir Vol2, maybe Alfie and the Hammer set

Derrick King

Screenwriter
They're going back to Paramount titles after a few months' hiatus. Maybe DRAGONSLAYER will be upcoming, with a commentary and behind-the-scenes f/x documentaries. This batch has a few titles not yet available in the U.S. In particular, I am interested in COUNTRY GIRL ands NAKED JUNGLE.
Pretty sure Dragonslayer is only Paramount in the US, with Disney holding the international rights

Dick

Premium
Real Name
Rick
Pretty sure Dragonslayer is only Paramount in the US, with Disney holding the international rights

Yes, correct. We'll have to hope it'll turn up in the Paramount Presents line, although there is no guarantee it will come with any extras.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I watched the first 30 minutes of "The Naked Jungle" on iTunes this afternoon. The HD Digital looked good, but I can't wait until December 29th or shortly thereafter.:)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm interested in The Naked Jungle and Outrage but considering Imprint's spotty record on transfers, I'll wait on reviews. I have the French blu ray of House Of Cards and it looks great so no need for me to upgrade.

gjn123

Agent
Real Name
Brendan Brennan
Something tells me that both of those films will not be in widescreen format.
The Blu ray of "The Country Girl" is listed on their site as being in "it's original Asoect ratio of 1.33 to 1. I believe that the film was released in December of 1954 in 1.85 to 1. This would mean that they just put out the old Paramount Academy Ration DVD. Too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliwilliams12
Recent bookmarks