What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (2 Viewers)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I just put in orders at ViaVision for The President's Analyst and Face Behind the Mask (and added Breakdown to the mix), thanks Ron (and Martyn, for the Breakdown picture quality appraisal).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I just got Black Sunday and I am dumbfounded to see black bars on the side of the screen. I feel like I'm looking at an old non-anamorphic disc. I have NEVER seen a worse Blu-Ray in my life.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I just got Black Sunday and I am dumbfounded to see black bars on the side of the screen. I feel like I'm looking at an old non-anamorphic disc. I have NEVER seen a worse Blu-Ray in my life.
Had the same feeling with The Day of the Locust which was the worse looking Blu-ray i bought from last year.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The non-anamorphic look disappears after five minutes. This can't be the way the film looks initially though its been a few years since I've seen it.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I stand corrected. That is how the film looks on the old DVD. It'd been too long since I'd seen it I wasn't prepared for this early "windowboxing" of the opening. Still looks awkward.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
For sometime now, ViaVision has been peddling some highly questionable 'digital' transfers. Personally, I think it's a fairly shoddy way to launch ANY label, but particularly one that boasts a pedigree like 'Imprint'. The work being done here is, arguably, NOT up to snuff and too many of ViaVision's releases are barely serviceable to downright awful looking. When Worlds Collide, No Way To Treat A Lady, Sorry, Wrong Number, A Place in the Sun, The Day of the Locust, Dead Again, Black Sunday, Bridges at Toko-Ri, and on and on.

Why peddle plunk at a premium when there are plenty of opportunities do do better work, and worse, plenty of reviewers to shoot down such slap-dash efforts, thereby dwindling the market for repeat business amongst the buying class for physical media? It really doesn't make sense or...in the long run....'cents'. I would see fewer releases, but each given a quality affair, then to get 6 to 10 titles each month that are just a waste of money, and bad on the eyes and ears.

Adding 'extras' to the mix is like plying the pig with lipstick. It's still a pig - not Cinderella in disguise. Personally, burned too many times with ViaVision, owning discs that, spun once, I'll never watch again because they were just that painful to get through the first time! Done with ViaVision. Period!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Easier and cheaper to buy them digitally off iTunes if this is the overall quality. I bought a few of the discs but they’re underwhelming.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I finally caved in and ordered I Married a Monster from Outer Space to clear space on my DVD shelf. I hope the presentation is good enough.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I bought from Imprint so far War of the Worlds, Waterloo, Day of the Locust and The Winslow Boy and only The Day of the Locust was a big disappointment. The other titles looked very good and i should give thanks to Imprint for releasing Waterloo & The Winslow Boy since i think they might not be released on Blu-ray any time soon. Want to get The Bridges at Toko-Ri and the upcoming The President's Analysts but will wait for reviews on them first.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I bought from Imprint so far War of the Worlds, Waterloo, Day of the Locust and The Winslow Boy and only The Day of the Locust was a big disappointment. The other titles looked very good and i should give thanks to Imprint for releasing Waterloo & The Winslow Boy since i think they might not be released on Blu-ray any time soon. Want to get The Bridges at Toko-Ri and the upcoming The President's Analysts but will wait for reviews on them first.
The Carpetbaggers looked damn good.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The Carpetbaggers looked damn good.

Yup, that the one Imprint release that I've bought, & I plan to buy The President's Analyst. They can only release what Paramount give them, not ideal, but that's how it is. It'll be interesting if any other company releases The Carpetbaggers & The President's Analyst. Importing from Australia to the UK is expensive, but if I only splash out on titles that I really want it doesn't work out too bad.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
My copy of The Bridges at Toko-Ri arrived yesterday. I’m happy with the presentation. Is this disc a brand new remaster? Doubtful. Could this presentation look better? Perhaps. Imprint’s disc, however, is damn good. Colors are strong, with little fade, and skin tones look natural. Dirt and such is at a minimum. Film grain is alive and well without being too intrusive. The film definitely looks much better here than the VHS and DVD copy I have. I consider the purchase an upgrade and a win.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My copy of The Bridges at Toko-Ri arrived yesterday. I’m happy with the presentation. Is this disc a brand new remaster? Doubtful. Could this presentation look better? Perhaps. Imprint’s disc, however, is damn good. Colors are strong, with little fade, and skin tones look natural. Dirt and such is at a minimum. Film grain is alive and well without being too intrusive. The film definitely looks much better here than the VHS and DVD copy I have. I consider the purchase an upgrade and a win.
How can you be happy if the movie isn't in its OAR?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure how I missed this thread. Honestly did not know this label existed, and never would if not for this thread.

I'm in for 'The Apostle'.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
How can you be happy if the movie isn't in its OAR?
I’ve never viewed this film in any way other than its full screen presentation, so I’m definitely used to it. More than that, I had an inkling this release wouldn’t be the one to change BAT-R’s AR on disc, so I wasn’t terribly shocked or disappointed.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’ve never viewed this film in any way other than its full screen presentation, so I’m definitely used to it. More than that, I had an inkling this release wouldn’t be the one to change BAT-R’s AR on disc, so I wasn’t terribly shocked or disappointed.
Interesting take that I don't agree with, but I won't belabored that point of contention.

Users who are viewing this thread

• iaf6

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks