What's new

VHS - Videos Havent Seen in years. What is the last VHS (or Beta) tape you have watched? Which will (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
The File On Thelma Jordan yesterday.
It's a really good movie and most people who like old movies want this one on DVD or Blu-ray. As far as I know, there has never been an explanation why it is still unavailable. I'd buy a pressed disc immediately. Why currently owns the copyright?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Darby O'Gill and the Little People a few years ago. Wife wanted to watch it out of the blue on St. Pats day. I pulled the VCR out of the rack and bought the DVD the next day. I had to take the VCR out of storage last month to import our wedding video into my PC so I can burn to DVD.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
Louis Letizia said:
Maybe someone more versed in this can answer me why many of the very nice Anchor Bay releases from the ABC library (which include the Selznick films) , dd not maintain their quality when MGM rereleased them? Even the Selznick Hitchcocks looked inferior to their AB counterparts until the recent BluRay.
I disagree on that one. NOTORIOUS was actually missing around a minute of dialog on the AB release, and the Blu-ray releases utilize the same transfers as were released on MGM DVD a few years back. The Blu-ray releases look better due to their higher inherent resolution, but the transfers were done several years ago in HD and then downconverted for the MGM DVD releases. I don't have anything to say about the other Selznick/ABC titles, but as far as those three Hitchcocks are concerned, I disagree.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
NOTORIOUS was actually missing around a minute of dialog on the AB release,
This changes everything! Very good to know-thanks. Of course the Blurays would look much better anyway

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Robin9 said:
The File On Thelma Jordan yesterday.
It's a really good movie and most people who like old movies want this one on DVD or Blu-ray. As far as I know, there has never been an explanation why it is still unavailable. I'd buy a pressed disc immediately. Why currently owns the copyright?
Paramount owns this very good movie. I don't think it was ever on vhs either. This would be a perfect fit for Olive.
Another one that bypassed vhs altogether that would make a great disc was Fox's underrated The Story on Page One. Rita Hayworth was very good in this.

Charles H

Screenwriter
LET'S DANCE for us Astaire-Frank Loesser-Betty Hutton completists and FOREVER FEMALE for us William Holden-Ginger Rogers completists
....And the extended version of TALES OF MANHATTAN (with a lot of nobodies). FMC is showing it on 6/16.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks