What's new

VH1's "Movies That Rock"--Showgirls?!? (1 Viewer)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Yeah, no doubt. I caught a few minutes of this the other night. The scenes I liked the best were anything involving some sort of CGI bra. :D
-mwb-

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I saw quite a bit of this...it was like a trainwreck...horrible but I couldn't look away. The sheer stupidity of an edited version of such a film was hilarious...and I think the CGI outfits/blurring actually improve the movie in an "unintentionally funny" sort of way.

Why bother to do this anyway. For the "Moviemask" fans who want to watch the film with their kids?

Ike

Screenwriter
This was a riot! I was flipping past, and saw that Showgirls was on, and I thought it was one one of the HBO/Cinemax channels. Then I realized it was VH1, and just had to sit and watch. I watched until they got to a dance sequence, with the bras that looked so horrible that it was hilarious! Maybe the funniest bit of TV editing ever.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
"Showgirls" isn't that bad. Think a mix of "Fame", "Melrose Place" and "Jerry Springer Show" set among Vegas showgirls. :)
I gotta try and catch the edited-for-TV version though, sounds like it could be fun. :)
/Mike

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I believe that version that they showed is as poorly edited and 'covered' up as it could be....on purpose. It was part of VH-1's anti-censorship weekend. If you show an example how extreme the censorship can be and the length, even as far as drawing clothes on people, that people will go to to edit things are...then the point does get accross that it is a bad thing to do....either way....to protect or to give in.

Craig_T

Second Unit
Well they consider Vanilla Ice's magnum opus "Cool As Ice" a "Movie That Rocks." Apparently any movie involving music rocks according to VH1.

"Drop that zero and get with the hero!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2handband