What's new

VGA to component (1 Viewer)

Peter Doten

Agent
I am looking at hooking my "HD monitor" sony XBR (KV-36XBR450) to my PC. It looks like an adapter like this this would do the trick, right?

-Pete

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I have that Audio Authority 9A60 box. Bought it in 2001 I think. It works. I have two in fact - the first one broke, and they sent me a new one. The UPS (those evil brown shirts) people charged me $40 just to pick it up, but thankfully Audio Authority picked up the tab on both deliveries - I hope they have other shipping options for Canadians now.

Fortunately, my friend is very good with electronics and was able to fix the broken one - I think the potentiometer inside it broke. I let him keep it. :)

I am not sure the quality is that great - it's good, but there is some softening going on. Brightness seems a little low too, but maybe that is a display calibration issue. One day I'll investigate this. I don't use mine anymore since I got my projector with DVI input.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
That requires a DVI-I output from your graphics card. Do you have one? If not, it won't work for you -- I suspect adding on a VGA-to-DVI-A adapter won't help much. It probably requires the ATi card and drivers to putput a YPrPb signal from the analog part of the DVI-I connector instead of the standard RGBHV.
Seriously, you need a transcoder like the one I mentioned. Just a passive adapter won't work, because you're dealing with a change in the form of the signal.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I think I shall get one of those ATI adapters for my 9800pro/HDTV Wonder combo and resurrect my desktop in a Silverstone LC03 case as a HTPC :) Yay for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks