VGA to Component Video Cables

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Amal, May 20, 2004.

1. Amal

Amal Extra

Hi all,

Need some information on making VGA to Component Video Cables (i.e) from projector to my DVD ...Any help on pin configurations etc..

Many thanks
    Amal

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

RGBhv (on VGA) and component video are not the same thing, you will need an RGB-Component video transcoder.

If you mean using a VGA-plug that takes component input on some projectors (i think the x1 for eg) then you'll need their adapter.

you'll have to clarify which you mean.

3. Amal

Amal Extra

Hi there,

I am talking about converting a VGA (15 pin) to a RGB. What i need to know is what pins on the 15 pin is red/blue/green and red ground/blue ground/green ground. The cables are available in the market, but comes at a price. Was hoping to make it myself..

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

You seem confused. RGB *is* VGA. Component is a completely different thing.

If you are just trying to make a breakout cable (just changing the ends, so like one end was VGA, the other would be 5x BNC, you can run some searches for that, I don't have the pin-out info, but it's all over the place and easy to find.

If you are trying to move between RGB and component video, you will need to buy a transcoder, which vary in price from a hundred or so dollars up to quite a bit for high-quality ones like Mike Parker's transcoder.

5. StephenL

StephenL Second Unit

6. StephanLey

StephanLey Auditioning

Thanks a lot this really helps!