VGA or Component Video for Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jay Mitchosky, Nov 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Hey All

Given that a) the Xbox 360 has built-in VGA capability and a VGA cable, and b) that I would be connecting it to a 720p projector via iScan HD+ would it be better then using a component connection? Are there any advantages/disadvantages? I would have input room regardless so am focused on performance.

Thanks.

2. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Big time bump, I have the same question. Difference is that i'm using a 37" 1080p lcd. Is the image quality noticibly better using VGA over component?

3. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

I'm gonna piggyback this question and ask another tiny one:

When they release the HD-DVD drive, does it output it's video over the same cable? As in, is the video from the drive transfered over to the 360's main unit, and then output from there? I wanna buy a VGA cable to get 1080p output, but I'm not even sure if its a different cable, or what...?

4. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

I can answer yours. Yes, the drive hooks up to the console via USB and the video is output using the same single cable you would use while gaming ect..

5. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Hey, you kind of answered mine too. If I need the VGA cable to output 1080p then I guess that would be the better pq.