What's new

VGA adapter on a HDTV (1 Viewer)

WilliamZ

Agent
I'm about to purchase a new HDTV which includes a vga input.

Currently, I operate both a dreamcast and a xbox on my 22 inch Crt Monitor via vga boxes.

Question:

Should I attempt to hook up both the DC and xbox to the HDTV vga connection or should I hook up the xbox through component and the dc through s-video? I'm not sure if vga on a hdtv offers the same quality as vga on a pc monitor?

Thanks in advance

WilliamZ

Agent
I'm about to purchase a new HDTV which includes a vga input.

Currently, I operate both a dreamcast and a xbox on my 22 inch Crt Monitor via vga boxes.

Question:

Should I attempt to hook up both the DC and xbox to the HDTV vga connection or should I hook up the xbox through component and the dc through s-video? I'm not sure if vga on a hdtv offers the same quality as vga on a pc monitor?

Thanks in advance

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Send the DC through the VGA, and see if it goes. For the Xbox, purchase the HDAV pack, and hook up through component.

Both the Dreamcast and the Xbox like to output at SVGA, but can downconvert to NTSC; the PS2 and the like output to NTSC, but you can upconvert to SVGA.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Send the DC through the VGA, and see if it goes. For the Xbox, purchase the HDAV pack, and hook up through component.

Both the Dreamcast and the Xbox like to output at SVGA, but can downconvert to NTSC; the PS2 and the like output to NTSC, but you can upconvert to SVGA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks