VGA adapter on a HDTV

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WilliamZ, Jun 15, 2004.

1. WilliamZ

WilliamZ Agent

I'm about to purchase a new HDTV which includes a vga input.

Currently, I operate both a dreamcast and a xbox on my 22 inch Crt Monitor via vga boxes.

Question:

Should I attempt to hook up both the DC and xbox to the HDTV vga connection or should I hook up the xbox through component and the dc through s-video? I'm not sure if vga on a hdtv offers the same quality as vga on a pc monitor?

Thanks in advance

2. WilliamZ

WilliamZ Agent

I'm about to purchase a new HDTV which includes a vga input.

Currently, I operate both a dreamcast and a xbox on my 22 inch Crt Monitor via vga boxes.

Question:

Should I attempt to hook up both the DC and xbox to the HDTV vga connection or should I hook up the xbox through component and the dc through s-video? I'm not sure if vga on a hdtv offers the same quality as vga on a pc monitor?

Thanks in advance

3. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

Send the DC through the VGA, and see if it goes. For the Xbox, purchase the HDAV pack, and hook up through component.

Both the Dreamcast and the Xbox like to output at SVGA, but can downconvert to NTSC; the PS2 and the like output to NTSC, but you can upconvert to SVGA.

4. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

Send the DC through the VGA, and see if it goes. For the Xbox, purchase the HDAV pack, and hook up through component.

Both the Dreamcast and the Xbox like to output at SVGA, but can downconvert to NTSC; the PS2 and the like output to NTSC, but you can upconvert to SVGA.