What's new

Veterans Day 2016 (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
to all my fellow veterans from all eras, on this day and always you have my heartfelt admiration and respect for the sacrifices and service that you preformed in the defense of our nation.

For those on active duty, thank you for keeping us and the U.S. safe on daily basis; only those that serve or have served would understand.

Fair Winds, and Following Seas,

GMC(SW/AW) Dana L Martin
United States Navy 1985 -2010 (Retired)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
A big thanks to all Veterans and their families who support them!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
no thanks required Adam , i honestly loved what i did, how many people can say that, i met Amazing people from all walks of life, sailed halfway around the world more than a few times, and got to see amazing things. i have stood on the side of the Pyramids in Giza, not bad for kid from the woods in the southern half of Ohio originally.

i do miss it some times, but my son has that baton now, it his turn except he is Green, not Blue

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I'm grateful to anyone who has served in the allied army/navy/air forces, etc .., both current and past. Especially from 70+ years ago, is probably the main reason I exist today.

Last edited:

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
My Navy dress blues, 1967-1970.
Navy Jersey.JPG

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Rich,

were you stationed on the on the Bonhomme Richard ? reading the rocker . That is a great looking set of blues, mine is some where in the house as well, my original boot camp set. no diservive to the guys and gals now but that is what a sailor looks like.

Have a question, do you have a set of liberty cuffs sewn on the inside? never did that myself

Last edited:

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Dana,

Yes, USS Bon Homme Richard, CVA-31, 1969 and 1970. The ship was decommissioned in 1971.

I didn't have liberty cuffs. I never gave it much of a thought, probably because I rarely wore the dress blues due to where I was stationed. I was in the Philippines from July 1967 to January 1969 and never once wore the dress blues during that time. Then I was in San Diego for just six weeks before the ship deployed to WESTPAC, where of course we wore whites on liberty (except in Japan in the spring). The only extended time I had when blues were worn was when we were back in San Diego from November 1969 to April 1970, and then it was back to Westpac again.

I didn't want to make a career of the Navy but it was a worthwhile experience!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
furthest west i ever got was Singapore, then back to the Gulf, 8 trips there, between Abott and Kayott, not much to look at, lots of water and dust storms

and i wore Coveralls most of the time. its functional and works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks