VERY worried Newbie

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JohnnyK, Feb 11, 2004.

1. JohnnyK

JohnnyK Auditioning

I was about to order a Marantz SR-6300 and wanted to know if anyone knew if there were problems with the model. I was debating a refurb with a one year warranty or for $80 more, a new one with a three year warranty. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

If you are buying from accessories4less I believe those ones have had everything fixed. You may want to verify that with them but I thought they told me that last time I checked. $80 is worth the extra 2 years to me.....

3. gregD

gregD Second Unit

Well, insofar as you're a VERY worried newbie...

If you can find a few extra dollars... I'd recommend a 7300 or higher, especially if you're considering a refurb... the 6300 and below are said to be manufactured at other plants in Asia and as a result, have had more malfunction / reliability issues... the 7300 and above are said to be mostly trouble-free, although it was occasionally reported that the 7300 had an audible high-pitched whine in some units (you might find info by searching threads here)... it was also said to have been corrected since.

Refurb pricing is nice, but it's not a guarantee you'll receive a perfect unit.... they go back to the plant or repair facility for various reasons, and there's no way to track and document any specific unit... most transactions seem satisfactory though, particularly at AC4L.

4. Michael Lane

Michael Lane Auditioning

Here in aust you can get ex-demo models for about 30% less, and they come with full warranties. Just ring all ur hifi stores and ask if they have any old stock of past years models, as there is nothing wrong with them, great buyif you ask me.