What's new

Very strange request for help with decoration… (1 Viewer)

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Not sure if anyone has ever requested this one… but… I have a Home Theater fish tank, small at only 6 gallons but I need to find some HT decoration items to place in it like, theater seats, speakers, a screen, popcorn machine, etc… anything and everything I can find that is very small and will fit into the aquarium.

Of course it would have to be non-toxic and safe for fish. So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Here is a link to a picture of the tank I am using:

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/shoppin...t%5F8692.shtml

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. How bizarre! Try your local Hobby Lobby store. The area that has minitures for Doll Houses and such. They usually have many, many types of small minitures that may work.

Also, if you have some artisic talent you can make items from sculpting clay. This is then baked in the oven until hardened. It can be painted and placed in your tank. It would not be difficuly to make items like Seats, Projectors, Screens, etc... It is also available at your local hobby craft store.

If you have no luck with either avenue I have presented, contact me with EXACT detail of what you wish to accomplish and I may be able to give you a quote for making said items for you.

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Thanks Darren,

I thought about the clay and bake... dont think I am that artistic... I looked around some of the local hobby stores but could not find anything.... but then again I am a bit outside of PhilaPA so.... if I can not come up with anything I may just be sending you those exact details...

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I thought about doing this on my old fish tank but never made it as far.

I was going to cut out pictures of speakers and stick them to the back of the tank.Then Cut out a piece of white cloth and attach it in the middle and just hang black cloth accross the back.I ended up just painting the back of the tank black though.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Is the actual tank going to be placed in your home theater room? If so, are you worried how the fish will react to the bass caused by your subwoofer? It drove my fish crazy and I had to remove it. Neat idea though.

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
The Beta seems to like it... he always seems to be watching the flicks... I think I heard him say he can not wait for "Finding Nemo" to come out on DVD! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks