What's new

Very strange problem with my Kenwood VR-507 (1 Viewer)

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
I was tweaking my subwoofer placement yesterday so I put on some bass heavy music and unhooked my mains so just the sub would be playing. I was moving the sub around and listening and realized I could still hear the music. After listening in on where the music was coming from I realized my center was playing the music very softly. The reciever was in stereo mode so it seems like the signal 'leaked' from the left and right fronts into the center amp.

It was playing very softly so its not going to effect the sound quality whether it be theater or music, but its annoying none the less. What I want to know is if this is common among recievers? Just the lower end stuff? A rare occurance? Did something break in my reciever or has it been doing this all along and it took me this long to notice?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Mark Fitzsimmons

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

It's impossible to say for sure but I'd be willing to bet this is not a new problem. On more than one occasion with more than one receiver I've noticed a bit of leakage from a channel that shouldn't have been.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My guess is it is due to the shared circuitry. Each channel is not adequately isolated from one another, so the signal "leaks" to one or more of the others.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would call it "designed in" :eek: Probably not an actual problem, just an inherent "flaw" that is not too uncommon in receivers in this price range. I wouldn't worry about it. Just for kicks, I just disconnected my mains, and I got NO sound from the center, just the sub. It also depends what listening mode you were using. You say stereo, but it could be related to a setting or DSP that might have been active at the time. Check your settings and see if it does it on only some or all of them.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That, I cannot honestly say, but it would not surprise me. I did have a less expensive Sony sometime ago that did the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks