What's new

Very strange Denon DVM-3700 question (1 Viewer)

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Hey guys...
OK, I have had the 3700 for some time now and absolutely love it. But, the other day I was watching 13 Days and about 25 minutes into the movie, the player suddenly stopped and switched to the next disc in the carousel (meaning the movie I was watching was in tray #2 and the machine just went to tray #3 and started to play that disc). I first thought it was a problem with the movie, restared it, and had no problems. I even watched 13 Days the following day with my friend and there were no problems. The next day I watched another movie with no problems. However, this evening I watched Gone in 60 Seconds and again, about 25 minutes into the movie, I had the same problem where the player mysteriously went to the next disc on the 5-disc carousel.
Does anyone that has this player had this problem or heard of it? Is it a known defect? I have watched a TON of movies on it and never had the problem before.
Can anyone think of a reason that could cause this? Any help or information would be terrific.
Thanks fellas.
------------------
screw.jpg

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Ugh...same problem again tonight.
Watching Pitch Black and again, this time 35 minutes into the movie, it stopped and started playing another disc from the player (this time I had PB in disc one and it started playing The Natural which is in disc two. This really sucks. Two days ago I watched Big Trouble in Little China and the next day watched with the commentary track with no problems. So this is three times in the last 6 discs I have spun (two the same disc) it has malfunctioned.
Here is a summary:
1. 13 Days--stopped in the middle of movie and player started to spin up disc 2.
2. 13 Days--watched again, no problems.
3. Gone in 60 Seconds--stopped in the middle of the movie and the player started the next disc in the tray.
4. Big Trouble in Little China--no problems.
5. Big Trouble in Little China--this time with the commentary track, still no problems.
6. Pitch Black--stopped 35 minutes into the moive, and started the next disc.
(Please no comments on my viewing choices
biggrin.gif
)
Could it have something to do with the laser?
If anyone has any input as to what the problem could be, I would greatly appreciate it. Or, if you have a way to contact Denon--I cannot find anything in my manual for either the DVD player or the receiver (AVR-5800)
biggrin.gif
or through their website.
Thanks!
------------------
screw.jpg

[Edited last by Kenny Goldin on July 17, 2001 at 03:35 AM]

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Hello there Kenny. I too understand your frustration. Something similar happened to me with my Onkyo top-of-the-line receiver a couple of years ago. And I didn't know where to look for help. But I am here to help you out as much as possible. I don't have either of these units, although I would like to purchase the 5800 soon, but something is telling me to hold off until they release a 5900 or something like that.
Anyway here is the information that you requested. I hope that this helps. What I did was go on to the web site and look in the information square; then look under offices and here is the information.
Have a good one. I hope that they take care of you better than Onkyo with me. They didn't want to replace my unit; they wanted to try to get a local service center to fix the hell out of it, ESPECIALLY when they had a few more of the same unit in their possession at the headquarters!!
Denon Electronics (USA) is headquartered in New Jersey:
Denon Electronics Note: New Address - Effective May 1, 2000
Attn: Customer Service
19 Chapin Road, P.O. Box 867
Pine Brook NJ 07058-9777
Tel. 973-396-0810 Hours of operation: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, M-F
Fax. 973-396-7459
Denon Electronics Ltd. Note: New Address - Effective August 1, 2000
Attn: Customer Service
1640 West 190th Street
Torrance CA 90501
Tel. 310-974-1010 Hours of operation: 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST, M-F
Fax. 310-974-1003

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Thanks for the help Robert.
I dug up a service center in Lancaster PA and emailed them with a detailed description withthe problem 10 DAYS AGO! and they have yet to reply! Some preofessionals they are...
I had the same problem happen again tonight watching Sleepy Hollow. It had been behaving for a while, but this is the fourth time, so I guess it is off to the local dealer. Ugh.
angry.gif

Anyone know of this problem or can sugest a solution before Monday? If not, I have a feeling I am gonna be stuck exclusively watching LDs for some time!
frown.gif

------------------
screw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks