What's new

very small speaker recommendations... (1 Viewer)

roadk

Auditioning
Real Name
thomas
okay guys.
i've been snooping around your forum for awhile and couldn't find the definitive answer to my question.
i'm coming from a larger home theatre set up, but just moved into a small, old home and my wife refuses to let me put out my large speakers, hsu sub, etc.
so can you guys offer a suggestion on a VERY small home theatre speaker system?

i love the hsu research, and how musical it is, and i have large, old klipsch 4.5's that are a bit bright, but sound awesome. i havea marantx sr8000 receiver, a marantz single CD player, a rega turntable and adecent panasonic DVD player.

now, it looks like i'll need something like the energy act6 or the mirage nanosat systems, as i need to 'hide' these speakers and have them blend in with the crown moldings...
either of these sound any good? can you guys offer any other suggesiotns in this price range or lower?

thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.
-thomas

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
B&W Mini-Theatre is very wife friendly as it blends into the decore. You could pickup the M-1 x 5. Also take a look at the Monitor Audio Radius Series.. Radius 90 x 4, plus the 180 centre. :)

See if you can keep your Hsu sub, you're going to need it!

roadk

Auditioning
Real Name
thomas
alan,
so do you NOT recommend the mirage or the energy?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
I haven't auditionned the Mirage or Energy speakers, but I have auditionned both the B&W and MA's. Just offering you some additional suggestions before you go and audition for yourself :)

roadk

Auditioning
Real Name
thomas
thank you alon.
i wasn't questioning your suggestion. just making sure i understood you.
i will certainly give the B&W's a listen.
-thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks