Very intersting article over at CNN.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul W, Mar 2, 2001.

1. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/03/01/dtv.dilemma/index.html Paul Warren
    Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs to Hellen Keller.

2. Andy L

Andy L Stunt Coordinator

In the article, it states that only one channel, WRAL, is broadcasting local news in HD. That is incorrect. In Seattle, both KOMO (ABC) and KING (NBC) are broadcasting all of the studio shots from the local news in HD. In addition, all of the local non-studio shots on KOMO are in SD widescreen.
    Andy

3. Marque D

Marque D Stunt Coordinator

They were also wrong in stating that Digital Television is only available on satellite or some cable systems and that’s its only in standard definition.

4. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

They did not say that it was only available from Sat. and cable. They just said that it was available.
    Their statement is essentially correct, except for the very few HD channels that are available like HBO and Showtime.
    C. Ryan

5. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

6. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Craig, that is what I was trying to get across. The fact is digital television can mean many things. Some equate digital with HD while others equate it with 480p, and others equate it with satellite transmission or digital cable. That sentence should have been clarified. I agree.
    C. RYan