What's new

Very impressed with Oade Bros. (1 Viewer)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Last week i ordered the new Sony SCD-CE775 from Oade Bros. in Georga. on monday, they called me back to tell me my credit card wouldn't go through. so i called up Ameican Express and asked them to tell me the summary of my account; apparantly, when i cancelled my preorder for the Sony 'NC650V, they put a "hold" or place marker on my card for the charge amount. i had cancelled the preorder the week before i ordered from Oade, AND J&R promised they wouldnt charge the card until the unit shipped. well, J&R didnt even have it in stock and they charged my card! so i had to wait a week (a very anxious week!!) for J&R to clear my card so Oade could charge it.
the order went thru on monday and i received a ground shipping notice from FedEx. it was set to be delivered thurs or friday. i write this post now a happy man with the unit here, awaiting plug-in. it was very well packaged in a double box with plenty of padding. all i have to say is that i'm VERY impressed with Oade Bros' patience, service, PRICE, and shipping speed. i highly recommend them as will be a returning customer!
i'll have my review up on the 'CE775 sometime next week when after i purchase some SACDs. Thanks again to Oade!
------------------
-Thomas
My HT

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Thomas, with no review of the 'CE775, this thread may be moved to the Retail and Wholesale Vendor Feedback board. Anyway, I ordered my SCD-777ES SACD player from Oade Bros. last October for $1500 when Crutchfield and Tweeter were selling it for $2500. Their prices are outstanding, and their customer service is first-rate. Glad to hear things worked out for you, and I'm looking forward to your review of the 'CE775 and SACD in general. What did you pay for the 'CE775, if you don't mind my asking? I believe Oade Bros. sells it for $305 + $20 for shipping and handling.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
they had it for $299 +shipping. but every other authorized dealer was offering free shipping, so i got them to do the same. helluva deal i thought :)
------------------
-Thomas
My HT

I purchased my Sony TA-E9000ES preamp from Oade Bros. and was very happy withe their pricing and service.
The flash upgrade for this unit was back-ordered but they took care of it without me having to chase everything down. If I need anything that they stock I will buy from them first (even though I have to pay sales tax).
Dennis

wally

Second Unit
Thanks for the vendor feedback, as well as the positive Sony posts. I have many Sony products and have not had any problems except for the 900 mhz phone, and it does suck!

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Could somebody post the website for Oade Bros.
I can't seem to get a correct link and would like to have a look at what they have to offer.
Thanks,
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

James D

Second Unit
Trevor- the link is http://www.oade.com
They don't list everything that they carry on their site and you'll have to email Jim Oade to get the current pricing. I bought my Sony 7700 from them over 2 years ago and it was a good transaction.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thanks James!
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks