1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Very disturbing trend in A&B Sound, (canada).

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronNWilson, Sep 25, 2001.

1. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

I was in this store today hoping to look at some projectors, but to my horror all I found was HDTVs in 4:3 ratio DOH. I haven't been in this particular store since about 6 months ago, but 6 months ago virtually all they had was widescreen tvs, and now I go in and see normal ratio tvs. This is a very disappointing trend to say the least. I hope that audio/video salesmen everywhere are pushing widescreen sets much harder than all other sets.
    Whenever you see stores moving backwards like A&B sound, it makes the widescreen HDTV conversion seem all that further away.
    Aaron

2. Michael St. Clair

I think more 4:3 sets are great for HDTV as long as they include a properly implemented 1080i and 480p squeeze mode.
    These sets are much better for sports fans, giving a large undistorted picture in both 4:3 and 16:9 modes. This could drive HD set sales much higher. And the more sets that sell, the more programming we'll see!
    4:3 HD sets rule! Well, except the ones from previous years that were all cropped or stretched.

3. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

These sets are much better for sports fans, giving a large undistorted picture in both 4:3 and 16:9 modes.
    Not for sports shot in HD like CBS HD SEC games on Sat. and MLB HD on HDnet. [​IMG]