VERTICAL LIMIT:SUPERBIT---one that is not to be misssed by bass lovers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by YANG, Mar 31, 2002.

1. YANG

YANG Second Unit

Just received my copy of VERTICAL LIMIT:S.B yesterday.Have been listening to both DOLBY DIGITAL and DTS tracks carefully and not to miss observing video quality as well.

The most outstanding audio track,goes to DTS5.1 surr. with its achievement in more deeper and stronger bass and more enveloping music score presentation.

On video quality,the picture is clean and sharp,really lives up to the expectation of SUPERBIT name.

While playing the disc,i've encountered a minor playback hiccup.During 45th minute to 46th minute,there is one scene suddenly jerks a bit.I thought that it was the layer change,but no,several minutes later at 50++mins,after SCOTT GLENN finished his sentence,the picture freezes for a short while.If this is a layer change,how about the earlier one?WHAT IS THAT?

On the audio,the explosion that kills "KAREEM" and "PETER" nearly blows off the woofer of WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 8.2 fronts.Subwoofer is recommended for this track.

2. Jeremiah W

Jeremiah W Stunt Coordinator

that first hiccup may be just that a hiccup, not a disc problem but just a one-time thing,Play the disc agin and tell us if it does that again on that same spot of the disc

3. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

I checked this disc out this past weekend. It was somewhat entertaining, but the redeeming quality was the video/audio. I mean, I read that the first DVD was good to begin with (although I never saw it), but this disc looks amazing...the blues and whites look so sharp and clear. On top of that, the audio is top notch. The surround channels are filled with the sound of swirling winds and the avalanche and numerous explosions will make your sub rumble. Will I watch it again? Probably not, but it makes for a great demo DVD when friends come over!