What's new

Vertical Banding (1 Viewer)

Frank B

Auditioning
I was wondering if someone can tell me about Vertical banding! How common is it? Does it effect all LCD projectors? What causes it? Does it effect one model more than another etc? Prior to yesterday, I never heard of it! I knew that rainbows were a problem for some people on DLP projectors and that the screen door effect was common to LCD projectors. Am I to understand that Vertical Banding is also a problem with all LCD projectors?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This is not a question for the basics area, you'll get better response fromt he displays area so I am moving it there.

Keith M.

Second Unit
The only vertical banding i ever experienced w/ my Sony VPL-10ht was caused by a defective video source. Specifically, the Sony 9000es dvd/sacd player. It was a known issue and resolved by Sony service center, cant recall actual service bulletin #.

Other causes could be RMI/RFI interference usually caused by bad grounding or sat receivers(rg6 cable)...

But banding is in no way related specifically to lcd technology...

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Yeah,someone over at the "other" forum said he had his pj connected to a power line conditioner with a 3 prong plug and the banding went away.

David K.

Second Unit
i have vertical banding! and my projector is only 3 days old, what causes it? i never noticed it, then today as i was turning it off, bam! vertical shadows on the blue screen!

Im using a monster 2000 hts mk 2 power conditioner, and i still get it, is it a projector defect, or is it due to interference?

John S

Senior HTF Member
It is almost always a interference issue. Not always with power either. Strong EM sources can cause it too. And this is not just on projectors either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks