What's new

Vertical Banding Issue (1 Viewer)

Jakra

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony
I'm having an issue with my 46" Sanyo LCD. I've recently noticed vertical banding on it. At this point, the only line that's noticeable is one dull line right down the center that only shows up on gray/dull screens. I could faintly see other lines but I turned the brightness down and now they're not noticeable at all. It's about 14 months old and I have an extended warranty. I had a tech come out and he basically said he couldn't repair it, its an issue with a lot of tv's, he doesn't consider it an issue, and I should just get used to it. I gave it a few days to see if I could stand it(I turned down the brightness after he left), but it's very distracting, especially for any animated movies. I called the extended warranty phone support and they said they're waiting on his report, but I got the sense that they'd be willing to replace it if it couldn't be repaired. If they don't, how hard should I fight it, or should I just live with it? At this point, it's just one line, but it's right down the middle of the screen.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Anthony-
Welcome to HTF. It sounds like you tried to live with it and that was a no go. Fight it. It wasn't there when you bought it. Crank the brightness up next time he comes out so all the lines are noticeable. Take and email pictures of the worst example you can find to the warranty company. It sounds like you are going to half to work hard for this repair approved, but it beats trying to live with a poor picture that you don't want to live with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks