What's new

Versus DVD (1 Viewer)

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
Just got in the 2 disk SE.

Some quick impressions; terrible video quality, I had been hoping that they would improve on the Japanese R2 release, and as far as I can tell they have not. Maybe it's the print, but each time I've seen this film in theaters, it looked very good. On DVD it's very grainy with washed out colors.

As far as I can tell there is no DTS track. I can't imagine that I'm doing something wrong, as the 5.1 Surround Selection in the menu is for a DD track, and there is no DTS track available via switching audio on the remote. Disappointing. As far as the 5.1DD track goes, I think that I like the original 2 channel mix better, but I need to listen to them a bit more.

The DVD comes in a nice white Keepcase, but what I thought was especially dumb, was that the 2nd disk is packaged inside in a paper sleeve! This isn't a 2-disk Amary (i.e. Star Wars DVDs). I can only guess that it was a money-saving issue, but I found that to be a disappointment also.

After waiting to release this film for more than a year, I thought that Media Blasters (aka: Tokyo Shock) would have done a better job with the DVD. However, it's great just to have a R1 version of this fun film on DVD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just got thr 1 dvd version dir cut from nnetflix. i'll watch it next week.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
After watching it all of the way, I can say the video quality may be better described as "disappointingly poor."

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I've only seen it as washed out and grainy so there won't be much of a difference to me. I'm just glad to have it on disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks