What's new

Version of Oakenfold's "Zoo York" from Two Towers trailer: Where can I find it? (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The music is from Requiem for A Dream, with music by Clint Mansell and the Kronos Quarter. Pick up the soundtrack, it is one of the best of the past few years!

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Sean-
Thanks for the info. I also posted in the thread over in movies, but I think since this is more music-related that we should continue the discussion here. Strange that the two pieces sound so identical ( I checked out the clips from the Requiem soundtrack on Amazon).

At first I assumed Oakenfold had sampled the Requiem soundtrack since his album is the more recent release. However the sample credits in the liner notes for Bunkka do not credit either Kronos Quartet or Mansell. So my current thinking is that they both must have sampled from the same source. The liner notes for Zoo York credits samples from "Sagoo, Indivar & Kalyaniji" (no specifc song title mentioned and "Quarbani Quarbani" by "Bally Sagoo". Are there any sample credits on the Requiem soundtrack?
- Guy

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Is it truly one of Paul's dittys? It is from Requiem for a Dream, but you wont find it in the film on the CD. It was re-scored and re-orchastrated specifcaly for this trailer from what I have heard (by whom I do not know). Specific for the trailer or not, someone has DEFINATELY re-worked it (beautifuly it must be said) as its no cue you will find from RFAD itself.
That's really a trailer and a half. Oh my! :D
Dan

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Dan-
It definitely sounds quite similar to my ears. Here's the Amazon page for Bunkka which has a RealAudio Sample of Zoo York, although it's from the first part of the song, instead of from the very end where the two really sound nearly the same. Still if you listen closely to the background you might notice the similarity:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...73542?v=glance
I'll try and find a better sample.
- Guy

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
Doing a search on google for "zoo york" "requiem for a dream" reveals a number of pages with people saying that Zoo York is a remix of Lux Aeterna from Requiem. Several pages say it was supposed to be on the Requiem remix album which never heppened.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
James-
Well, that would explain it! Thanks for the info.

So going back to the original question: Is there a CD out there with the version in the TT trailer? Or would it appear to be an exclusive mix for the trailer.
- Guy

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Dont know, but for several variations on it, I still recommend picking up the Requiem soundtrack. You wont be disappointed.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yep, the Requiem soundtrack is quite interesting, as is the movie. The movie is very dark, but very well done and unusual, if not just a bit disturbing (understatement).

Oddly enough, Chronos Quartet will be in town here shortly, and my brother has tickets. I may just have to go with him.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Is there a CD out there with the version in the TT trailer? Or would it appear to be an exclusive mix for the trailer.
Done some digging and I've seen it confirmed on a couple of film music forums now that it was re-orchestrated specifically for the trailer and probably not by Oakenfold. With this in mind, it is obviously not on CD. It's very much like the 'Gothic Power' cue from the FOTR trailer, everyone loved it, no one can have it. :)
Dan

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
A lot of the sampling on the Requiem soundtrack comes from actual cues from Mozart's Requiem that were fed into a computer and twisted so out of shape that you'd never recognize them.

MatS

Screenwriter
Good news to report for all of you who were interested in this release.....
The Requiem For A Dream Remixed cd is being released after all. Street date is 10/22 on Thrive Records/RED Distribution
here is the tracklist:
Tappy's Into
Plant In The End It's All Nice
Psilonaut Ghosts In The Machine
Paul Oakenfold Aeternal
Seacoast Towers Film Score
Jagz Kooner Coney Island Express
Seacoast Alarm Film Score
Wish FM Haunted Dreams
Kronos Quartet Tense
Josh Wink Full Tension
Food Film Score
Delirium Deluxed
Island Film Score
A Guy Called Gerald Body & Fear
112 Film Score
ILS Over Turned
Sara Film Score
Hive Hand Jive
Arnold Film Score
Clint Mansell Ghosts (Vocal Version)
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks