Version check for Trainspotting and Apollo 13.

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris PC, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I just bought a few used DVD's and I am curious if the version I bought are ok.

I bought:
    1) The older DTS version of Apollo 13;
    2) the Directors cut of Trainspotting and;
    3) The Dead Zone ala Christopher Walken (what looks like an old but thank-fully anamorphic release and not the Anthony Michael Hall version)

So did I goof?

thanx for any feedback,

[​IMG]

EDIT - I think I goofed on Apollo 13. The newer version has DTS and extra's...crap..oh well, maybe I can return it...if I'm lucky... What the heck is with the 1.66:1 IMAX version. What good is that on a 16:9 display??

2. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

You did ok on the Apollo 13. The DTS is only for the IMAX version, which is a shorter version anyway. The normal version doesn't have DTS, so you did okay in that respect.

3. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Producer

Fine on THE DEAD ZONE. Nothing's replaced it (in RI, anyway).

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Thank-you for the feedback. Cool. Yippee! I have a habit of buying original versions when they have DTS, and the newer "Explosive!!" editions...lol..do not have DTS. Yay! Deadzone I realized has not been re-released as far as I can tell.

Anybody have any feedback about Trainspotting? I bought the Directors cut, again, partly because while reading the cover, I noticed that it was DTS, and it was only $13.00 CDN. Which version of that is generally understood as the better one? SE? Is there a collectors edition? Original?

thanx folks,

[​IMG]

P.S. Are there any cool versions of Dead Zone in any other Regions?

5. Andrew Bunk

Andrew Bunk Screenwriter

Chris,

I may be mistaken, but I believe both versions of Trainspotting were called the director's cut, or at least the uncit international cut, which probably amounts ot the same thing. The later anamorphic one is part of the Miramax Collector's Series, and has 2 discs.

The newer release has DTS, but I don't remember if the first non-anamorphic disc had it.